Designation/Position- JRF for DST-QuST Project
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali, India invites application for JRF for DST-QuST Project from eligible and interested candidates
Research/Job Area- Engineering Physics / Physics
Location- IISER Mohali
- Essential qualifications: Master’s degree in Physics or B. Tech degree in Engineering Physics with a good academic track record. MSc/B. Tech should be obtained NOT earlier than 2019.
- Desirable qualifications: Familiarity with quantum information and quantum computing theory or experiments, Knowledge of NMR spectroscopy, Linux operating system, Mathematica/Matlab programming.
- Title of project: Quantum computing, controlling decoherence and quantum simulations on an NMR quantum computer
- Funded by: The project is part of the Cluster proposals under Quantum Information Technologies funded by Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
- Position: Junior Research Fellow
- Number of Posts: Two
- Duration: Three years (Initially position will be for one year, and will be extended on a yearly basis depending on satisfactory performance and funding agency approval)
- Emoluments: The emoluments will be as per DST rules.
How to Apply-
- Send a brief CV (Maximum TWO pages) in PDF format ONLY (Max file size 2MB). Clearly mention: Name, Gender, Contact Details, Date of Birth, Educational Qualifications with Board/University, Percentage of marks and Year of Passing.
- Send a letter of motivation (Maximum ONE page) in PDF format ONLY (Max file size 1MB) and mention prior experience/coursework/projects undertaken if any.
- Email your application to Prof. Kavita Dorai – email@example.com
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be informed via email about details of the online interview.
- Do NOT send repeat applications. Do NOT email with queries about status of your application and do NOT attempt to contact the PI over phone/in person. Such applicants will be disqualified.
Last Date for Apply– 04 October 2020