2020 Global Korea Scholarship for International Students, S.Korea
Designation/Position- Global Korea Scholarship
GKS program 2020, Korea invites application for Global Korea Scholarship for International Students to study athigher educational institutions in Korea
About- The GKS program is designed to provide higher education opportunities in South Korea for international students with the aim of promoting international exchange in education and learning as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries
|College||School/Department||M.S.||Ph.D.||Web site / Remark|
|Life Science & Bioengineering||Biological Sciences*||O||O||http://bio.kaist.ac.kr|
|Graduate School of Medical Science and Engineering||X||O||http://gsmse.kaist.ac.kr * Medical License Required|
|Biomedical Science and Engineering Interdisciplinary Program||X||O||http://gsmse.kaist.ac.kr|
|Future Vehicle Program||O||O||http://fv.kaist.ac.kr|
|School of Computing||O||O||http://cs.kaist.ac.kr|
|Graduate School of Information Security||O||O||http://gsis.kaist.ac.kr|
|Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence||O||O||http://gsai.kaist.ac.kr/|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||O||O||http://civil.kaist.ac.kr|
|Bio and Brain Engineering||O||O||http://bioeng.kaist.ac.kr|
|Brain and Cognitive Engineering||O||O||https://bce.kaist.ac.kr/|
|Industrial & Systems Engineering||O||O||http://ie.kaist.ac.kr|
|Graduate School of Knowledge Service Engineering||O||O||http://kse.kaist.ac.kr|
|Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering||O||O||http://cbe.kaist.ac.kr|
|Materials Science & Engineering||O||O||http://mse.kaist.ac.kr|
|Nuclear and Quantum Engineering||O||O||http://nuclear.kaist.ac.kr|
|The Cho Chun Sik Graduate School for Green Transportation||O||O||http://gt.kaist.ac.kr|
|Liberal Arts & Convergence Science||Graduate School of Culture Technology||O||O||http://ct.kaist.ac.kr|
|Graduate School of Science, Technology, and Policy||O||O||http://stp.kaist.ac.kr|
|Business||Business and Technology Management||O||O||http://ms.kaist.ac.kr|
|http://business.kaist.ac.kr *Seoul Campus|
All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
(※Exception: For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold “Permanent Residency Permit‟ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply.)
Doctoral Program Applicants: Must hold a Master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Master‟s degree
Master‟s Program Applicants: Must hold a Bachelor‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Bachelor‟s degree
Research Program Applicants: Must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master‟s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED‟s designated Korean universities.
Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
Professor Exchange Program: Must hold a Master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master‟s degree.
Program for Education·Science·Culture·International Professionals: Must hold a Master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master‟s degree.
- Applicants who received outstanding scores for their proficiency in Korean or English may be given preference. Some examples include the followings: – Proficiency in Korean: TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) – Proficiency in English: TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS Academic (TOEFL ITPs are NOT acceptable)
- Applicants who apply for majors in the field of Natural Science and Engineering are given priority when they receive same marks with other candidates.
- Applicants who apply for majors under the Industrial Professionals Training Project are given priority when they receive same marks with other candidates.
- Academic professors holding citizenship of developing countries, especially ODA recipients, are given priority when they receive same marks with other candidates.
- Descendants of Korean War veterans will receive additional 5% of the total marks.
- Applicants from low income families or underprivileged backgrounds will be given preference.
- Applicants who are confirmed to be the „third generation‟ or „post-third generation‟ overseas Koreans will be given preference.
How to Apply- There are two tracks to apply for the scholarship program, Embassy track and University track
* Applicants must apply either to a Korean Embassy where they hold the citizenship or to one of the enlisted universities.
** Before you apply, please read the attached guideline carefully to find the right track for you.
- Applicants must apply either to a Korean Embassy where they hold citizenship or directly to one of designated universities.
- Institutions accepting applications
– 116 Embassies of the Republic of Korea: In countries where Korean Education Center or Korean Cultural Center is located, these institutions may accept and review GKS applications in lieu of Korean embassies. We highly recommend applicants to contact Korean embassy in their countries to check which party is accepting the application.
– 64 Korean Universities designated by NIIED
- Websites: www.studyinkorea.go.kr / www.niied.go.kr
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply–
- The application deadline is set by each Korean embassy or university.
- All applicants must check the deadline of application submission by contacting the relevant embassy or desired university directly
Each embassy and university will send the 1st round successful candidates‟ applications and related documents to NIIED by April 3, 2020
Attachment : 1_2020-GKS-G-Application-Form.docx
Attachment : 4_2020-GKS-G-Application-Guidelines-English.pdf
Attachment : 2_2020-GKS-G-Application-FAQs-ENGLISH-KOREAN.pdf