Designation/Position- ANSO Scholarship
The Alliance of International Science Organizations, China invites application for ANSO Scholarship eligible and interested candidates
About- The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a non-profit, non-government international organization founded in 2018. Founding members include 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations worldwide. ANSO aims to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication.
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hereinafter referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivation of young scientists from all over the world. The ANSO Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China.
Currently, CAS, the leading founding member of ANSO, is the sponsor of the ANSO Scholarship. ANSO welcomes all members and parties who are interested in creating a more diversified scholarship program together.
Study level- Master’s program, PhD program
Location- The Alliance of International Science Organizations, China
Eligible applicants must:
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For master’s program applicants: be born after 1 January 1991 (inclusive);
- For PhD program applicants: be born after 1 January 1986 (inclusive);
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- If you are currently pursuing a master’s degree at any university/institution in China, you are NOT eligible for the master’s program of this scholarship.
- If you are currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, you are NOT eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship.
- Otherwise you will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to your current university/institution.
- You are NOT allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, otherwise you will be disqualified from admission.
- Tuition waiver
2. Monthly stipend:
- Master’s: 3000 RMB/mont
- PhD: 6000 or 7000 RMB/month (depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by USTC/UCAS).
3. Health insurance
4. Application fee waiver
5. Travel subsidy from their home countries to China (one trip per person)
Any scholarship awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
Funding duration (NO EXTENSION):
- Master’s program: up to 36 months,
- PhD program: up to 48 months.
Awardees are required to finish centralized training in Chinese language, Chinese culture and all required credits as well as practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of USTC/UCAS or CAS institutes.
Any master’s awardee who fails annual assessments will face the consequence including:
- Termination of his/her scholarship;
- Discontinuity of his/her master’s study.
- Being provided with a certificate of attendance for the period of study undertaken in China but not a formal master’s degree.
Any PhD awardee who fails the qualification test or annual assessment will face the consequences including:
- Termination of his/her scholarship;
- Discontinuity of his/her doctoral study;
- Being provided with a certificate of attendance for the period of study undertaken in China but not a formal doctoral degree.
All the awardees are required to abide by Chinese laws and USTC/UCAS regulations and rules.
How to Apply-
Visit ANSO official website for the ANSO Scholarship application portal：
Both systems open on December 1st 2020.
Last Date for Apply– 31 March 2021