ASF Scholarship 2020 at Amsterdam University College, Netherlands
Designation/Position- ASF Scholarship 2020
Amsterdam University College, Netherlands invites application for ASF Scholarship 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The application form for ASF Scholarships for students starting their studies at AUC in September 2020 is now open. Students should have already submitted an application for admission at AUC when applying for an ASF Scholarship.
Location- Amsterdam University College, Netherlands
The ASF Selection Committee, consisting of representatives of the ASF sponsors and an independent chair, considers all the applications and recommends which students should receive a scholarship to the ASF Board.
For your scholarship application to be considered by the ASF Selection Committee, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have also applied for a place at AUC. Admission to AUC is a separate process. For more information on applications and admissions, see the links in the left-hand menu. Only AUC students can receive an ASF scholarship.
- Your family income has to be below the threshold (see below).
ASF Scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need. The ASF Selection Committee selects the applicants to be recommended for a scholarship using the following criteria:
- Excellent school results. These are considered to be an indicator of your academic merit. Please note that the ASF Selection Committee will not see your AUC admission application, they will only receive information on your average secondary school grade (GPA). If you want to communicate anything more to the Committee about your school results and academic ability, make sure to include it in your letter of motivation.
- Strong motivation to study liberal arts and sciences at AUC. The ASF Selection Committee will be looking for this in your letter of motivation.
- The ASF Selection Committee is also interested in your extracurricular accomplishments and activities relevant for AUC. Not only your individual accomplishments but also your contributions to the community or society, as well as your (potential) leadership profile and skills. Make sure to write about these in your letter of motivation.
- Financial need. In other words, explain in your letter of motivation why it is important that you receive a scholarship.
Conditions for maintaining an ASF Scholarship
You will be evaluated after one year of study at AUC, and your ASF Scholarship will be awarded for another year if you:
- have successfully passed the first year (a GPA of at least 3.0 and preferably with a GPA ≥ 3.5)
- receive a positive recommendation at the end of your first year from your AUC tutor and the Board of Examiners
- can prove that the financial need base has not changed.
The AUC Scholarship Fund offers two levels of full ASF Scholarship:
- EU students: EUR 5100 per year
- Non-EU students: EUR 15300 per year
Scholarship for students starting in – September 2020
How to Apply- Students wishing to apply to receive an ASF Scholarship starting in September 2020 should use the digital application form via the link below. Once your application for admission has been submitted to AUC, you may apply for an ASF Scholarship.
Last Date for Apply– 1 April 2020
Selection will then be done as quickly as possible in April 2020 for scholarships for students starting at AUC in the autumn (September) 2020 semester, and you will be notified in late April/early May 2020 if you have been awarded an ASF scholarship.