Designation/Position- Destination Australia Scholarship – International
James Cook University invites application for Destination Australia Scholarship – International for eligible and interested candidates
About- The Destination Australia scholarship is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment. The aim of the Destination Australia Program is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia and receive a high-quality learning experience.
This scholarship is subject to the provisions of the James Cook University Coursework Scholarships, Bursaries and Grants Policy
Research/Job Area- Master’s applicants
The Destination Australia scholarships for international students will be open to competition among candidates who are:
- An international student studying on a valid student visa; and
- A commencing student in 2021 enrolled full time in any course of two or three year duration.
The value of the scholarship will be $15,000 per year for the minimum number of years required to complete the course. Scholarship payments will be made in 2 equal installments after census date of Study Period 1 (25 March 2021) and Study Period 2 (26 August 2021).
|Student Type||New Students commencing in 2021|
|Value||$15,000 per year|
|Campus||Cairns, Mackay, Mt Isa or Townsville|
|Applications Open||1 October 2020|
|Applications Close||5 February 2021|
How to Apply-
Prior to completing an application, you should carefully read the Scholarship Rules below.
Applications must be received prior to 5 February 2021.
Applicants must submit with the official form:
- Written statement of no more than 600 words outlining:
- Why you have chosen to study at JCU and in a regional community;
- How you plan to contribute to the local community during your studies at JCU; and
- Why JCU should choose you to receive the Destination Australia Scholarship. Please include examples (and attach evidence) of how have contributed to your local community.
When applying for a scholarship it is very important that you ensure that you include all relevant documents (including a completed application form) and that your application is submitted before the closing date. If an application is incomplete, it will not be considered.
It is okay to use sentences and dot points. It is important that this is your own writing and not prepared by someone else.
Last Date for Apply– 5 February 2021.