Designation/Position- Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP)
The Australian National University, Australia invites application for Australian Government Research Training Program for eligible candidates
About- Each year the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training provides funding to Universities to award Australian Government Research Training Program to domestic and international students undertaking Higher Degree Research programs.
From 1 January 2017, the Australian Government replaced the Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) with a single program, the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP or RTP). All previous APA recipients were transferred to the to current Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend Scholarship.
Study level- Higher Degree Research programs.
Location- Doha Institute for Graduate Studies Scholarships 2021 in Qatar
- The Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017 set the basis for the conditions of award and outline the basic eligibility requirements for this scholarship.
- The ANU has established an RTP Policy & Procedure which outlines the standards, processes and conditions for this scholarship. These documents are available from the reference document section of this page.
- Candidates are ranked and scholarships are awarded based on a competitive ranking process, to the top ranked candidates, subject to evidence they meet merit-based selection criteria, and subject to confirmation of a qualified supervisor, space and resources being available, in an area of research that is aligned with ANU research strategy.
- Travel and removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program.
- Thesis allowance
- Dependant child allowance (International students only).
- Paid medical, maternity and parental leave (See sections 51-68 of the Research Training Program Scholarships Procedure)
- Suspension of Scholarship (See sections 43-48 of the Research Training Program Scholarships Procedure)
ANU currently conducts two annual central scholarship rounds which includes the AGRTP, the University Research Scholarship and a few other centrally managed scholarships.
- Round 1 is split into two parts, one for international candidates and one for domestic candidates with separate deadlines (31 August for international candidates and 31 October for domestic candidates each year). Round 1 is for commencements from the following year (January through to the end of March), however current candidates who recently commenced (enrolled typically for less than a year full-time equivalent) can also be considered by completing the ‘Request for a current ANU student to be considered for a HDR Scholarship form‘.
- Round 2 has a deadline of 15 April and is typically a smaller round with commencement or take up of the scholarship up to the end of August of the same year.
When you complete your admission application for a HDR program you can select which scholarship you are interested to be considered for including the AGRTP. There is no separate application form except for current candidates, through the above link. For any further details or exceptions due to COVID19 travel restrictions please see the below table on deadlines.
How to Apply-
Commencing students: No application is required specifically for this scholarship as all eligible candidates will be considered. Note to ensure you are considered please ensure you select the appropriate boxes in the admissions application form to note that you are interested in being considered for any available scholarships.
Continuing students: Please complete and return the “Request for a Current ANU Student to be Considered for a HDR Scholarship” form to your Academic College.
Last Date for Apply– 15 April 2021