Designation/Position- Dean’s International Bursary
City, University of London, United Kingdom invites application for Dean’s International Bursary for eligible and interested candidates
About- City, University of London, attracts students and staff from around the world, has a global alumni network, produces world class research that addresses issues of global concern and has partnerships with a number of leading international universities.
- 7,375 of all students at City are from outside the UK, representing 35% of total enrolments. Of these, 10% were from within and 25% were from outside the EU. (Data from HESA Student Return 2017/18)
- 43% of City’s academic staff are from outside the UK
- City currently has a global alumni membership of 140,000 and a network of alumni ambassadors around the world.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, 23% of City’s submitted research was considered world-leading (4*) and 52.5% was considered internationally excellent (3*); 1,470 research journal publications from staff at City were with an international co-author. This accounts for 42.8% of all publications
- We have long-standing teaching, research and exchange partnerships with world leading universities.
Study level- Postgraduate study
Location- City, University of London, United Kingdom
To qualify for The Dean’s Bursary for Professional Advancement, you must:
- be a self-funded student and not in receipt of any other scholarships (except the alumni discount);
- be entering your first year of postgraduate study for the October or January intake on any one of our Masters programmes;
- be entering your first programme of study as a UK/EU or international student.
The School of Health Sciences has a number of bursaries of £1,000, £2000 or £3000 available for students applying to study on any of our post-registration MSc Programmes.
Please note that this does not include the following pre-registration courses:MSc Speech and Language Therapy, MSc Adult & Mental Health Nursing.
The Dean’s Bursary for Professional Advancement will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate commitment to professional advancement but who would find it difficult to undertake postgraduate studies without some additional financial support.
Please note that your Bursary statement should be different from your personal statement used for the programme application, and should be focused on why you believe you should be awarded this Bursary.
For all successful applicants, the total bursary amount will be awarded to full-time students in the form of a fee waiver from the second fee installment. For part-time students, half of the amount will be awarded in the form of a fee waiver in the first year, and half in the second year of study (again coming off the second fee installment).
How to Apply-
Applications for September 2021 and January 2022 are now being considered on a rolling basis. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note: City, University of London, reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of the Dean’s Bursary for Professional Advancement and these will appear on our website.
Last Date for Apply– 31 August 2021, Tuesday