Designation/Position- DVClinSc scholarship
The University of Queensland, Australia invites application for DVClinSc scholarship for eligible and interested candidates
About- UQ ranks in the top 50 as measured by the Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities. The University also ranks 46 in the QS World University Rankings, 42 in the US News Best Global Universities Rankings, 66 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 54 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
The School of Veterinary Science at The University of Queensland is an acknowledged leader in veterinary science in Australia.
Research/Job Area- clinical work and training related to animals
Location- The University of Queensland, Australia
- BVSc(Hons) with honours class IIB or higher; OR
- Postgraduate degree in Veterinary Science of at least one year full-time equivalent including relevant experience and an overall GPA of 5; OR
- BVSc or equivalent plus two years relevant experience, or one year internship under the supervision of a registered veterinary specialist.
- Applicants must satisfy the Head of School and Dean of the Graduate School that they are qualified for admission, and may be required to attend an interview. Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of Queensland.
- The offered position is a 3.5-year program that includes intensive clinical training in Large Animal Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation through a formal residency program and research-by-thesis training, leading to a Doctor of Veterinary Clinical Science (DVClinSc).
- The clinical training component of the DVClinSc program involves clinical work and training. A large component of this component will be via industry placement at the largest performance horse veterinary practice in Australia – Randwick Equine Centre. Approximately 2/3rds of the clinical components of this program will be undertaken at REC and 1/3rd at UQ. ACVSMR diplomates will support the program at both locations, regularly collaborated zoom rounds/journal clubs, etc.
- The program provides active on-site supervision by registered veterinary specialists and highly qualified clinical researchers. Residents participate fully in Equine Specialist Hospital and REC’s day-to-day activities, including all facets of Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation management of inpatient and outpatient cases. Residents participate in the training of veterinary students and the provision of continuing professional development to veterinary practitioners. Residents will undertake 3 mth long rotations at either UQ (clinical), UQ (research), or REC (clinical) with an effort to minimize travel requirements between the 2 sites.
- The research-by-thesis component of the DVClinSc provides students with an opportunity to develop and enhance analytical and research skills through independent investigation in a specific field related to the residency subject discipline. Candidates will be provided with the equivalent of two semesters of dedicated time free from clinical work to allow completion of research activities during their DVClinSc program. Candidates are expected to participate in research activities on a part-time basis during other periods in the program.
- Upon completing the program, candidates will be awarded the Doctor of Veterinary Clinical Science (DVClinSc) degree.
- Candidates who complete the program will also be expected to apply to sit American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation certifying examinations.
- The program includes additional financial support contributing to research costs and travel costs for students to attend relevant conferences or training opportunities. The program does not cover externship costs.
- Facilitated accommodation will be available at both locations to enable easy housing.
How to Apply-
To apply for admission and scholarship, follow this link. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
- check your eligibility
- prepare your documentation
- contact Associate Professor Ben Ahern (email@example.com) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
Last Date for Apply– 14 January 2021 (11:00 PM) E. Australia Standard Time
International Master’s Research Scholarship, University of Otago, New Zealand
Radboud Scholarship Programme at Radboud University, The Netherlands
Holland-High Potential scholarship at Maastricht University, Netherlands
University of Skövde Master’s Scholarships, University of Skövde, Sweden