Designation/Position- E4D Continuing Education Scholarship
ETH Zurich, Switzerland invites application for E4D Continuing Education Scholarship (Fully Funded) for eligible and interested candidates
About- The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The current programme phase runs from 2019 to 2023. ETH Zurich, Switzerland invites application for E4D Continuing Education Scholarship (Fully Funded) for eligible and interested candidates
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
Study level- Master’s Degree
Location- ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- A minimum English standard of TOEFL level C1 is required. If the continuing education programme requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this level also needs to be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD (PDF, 135 KB).
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
Detailed application criteria can be downloaded here (PDF, 160 KB)
Which programmes are eligible for this scholarship?
All programmes of the ETH Zurich continuing education programmes (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship. Check the webpage of the School for Continuing Education to get an overview of the different programmes.
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship (for the successful candidate):
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, in case an application to the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low income countries.
Only candidates who are admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on their academic and professional qualifications are considered for a scholarship. Candidates must apply to both (I) a continuing education programme and (II) to the E4D scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to contact the programme coordinator of their chosen programme regarding the timeframe of the admission process, in order to obtain the admission letter before the deadline for the scholarship application.
How to Apply-
Last Date for Apply– 30 April 2021
Dean’s International Research Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Awards at Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Germany
Jönköping University Scholarships at Jönköping University, Sweden
Woods Hole Internship at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, U.S.A.