Designation/Position- Equity Scholarships Scheme
Queensland University of Technology, Australia invites application for Equity Scholarships Scheme for eligible and interested candidates
About- Over 3000 QUT students experiencing financial hardship currently benefit from the Equity scholarships scheme. QUT encourages all eligible low-income students (current and future) to apply. Open to all eligible current and future QUT students, the QUT Equity Scholarships Scheme offers more than $4 million worth of scholarships, bursaries and computers to low-income students each year.
Study level- Undergraduate, Postgraduate or Research qualification
Location- Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia
To be eligible, in addition to being a current or future domestic or international student undertaking an Undergraduate, Postgraduate or Research qualification, you must be:
- from a low-income household
- experiencing financial hardship
Personal hardship will also be taken into consideration when assessing applications. Examples of these include:
- Personal medical conditions
- Dependents with special needs
- If you’re a Smith Family Learning for Life student, you’re guaranteed an Equity Scholarship of $3,500 per year (if you start in Semester 2, your first payment will be $1,750). You will need to submit an application each year.
- If you’re a commencing Q-Step Scheme student, you’re guaranteed an Equity Scholarship of $3,500 for one year (or $1,750 if you start in Semester 2). This will be automatically granted – there is no need to submit an application.
- If you’re a commencing Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student, you’re guaranteed an Equity bursary of $1,500. This will be automatically granted – there is no need to submit an application. If you would like to be considered for any of the higher value scholarships in the scheme, including the Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships, you will need to submit an application. If that application is successful, you will not receive the $1,500 bursary and will receive the higher value scholarship instead.
How to Apply-
Applications for Semester 1, 2021 are now open. There will be three opportunities to apply:
Round 1: submit your application and all documentation by 9:00am, Thursday 3 December 2020. You will receive an update by late December 2020. Some applicants will receive an outcome at that time. Others will be advised that their application will be considered again in the later rounds.
Round 2: submit your application and all documentation by 9:00am, Monday 1 February 2021. We’ll let you know the outcome by the end of week 1 of classes in Semester 1, 2021.
Round 3: submit your application and all documentation by 9:00am, Monday 1 March 2021. We’ll let you know the outcome by the end of week 4 of classes in Semester 1, 2021.Review an open application
Last Date for Apply– 1 March 2021