ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships: ETH Zurich proudly supports outstanding Master’s students through the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP). This program offers scholarship support, mentorship, and access to the ETH Foundation network. The scholarship covers the full cost of study and living expenses during the Master’s degree course.=
- Scholarship Coverage: The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) at ETH Zurich provides a full scholarship, mentorship, and networking opportunities, covering both tuition and living expenses during a Master’s degree program.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, students must have an outstanding Bachelor’s degree (top 10% of their class) and apply within the first application window. If you are already enrolled in a Master’s program at ETH Zurich or already hold a Master’s degree, you are not eligible.
- Application Process: ESOP applications are submitted through eApply, the online Master application system. Applicants are required to provide a pre-proposal for their Master’s thesis and ensure they can be reached via the specified telephone number.
- Scholarship Details: The ESOP scholarship covers CHF 12,000 per semester, including living and study expenses, and includes a tuition fee waiver. It is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s program (three or four semesters).
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 60 ESOP scholarships are awarded for the academic year 2023/24.
- Selection Process: Admissions Committees of the respective Master’s programs evaluate applications, and the final decision rests with the Rector of ETH Zurich. Decisions are communicated by the end of March.
|Designation||Excellence Scholarship Recipient|
|Research Area||Various Master’s Programs|
|Location||ETH Zurich, Switzerland|
- Exceptional performance in the Bachelor’s degree program (top 10% of the Bachelor’s degree program = grade A).
- Ensure your contact information, especially your phone number, is up to date in your CV, as the selection process may involve a phone/VC interview in February.
If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree program at ETH Zurich or already hold a Master’s degree, you are not eligible for ESOP.
| Job Description | The Excellence Scholarship/ESOP includes a scholarship that covers living and study expenses (CHF 12,000 per semester) and a tuition fee waiver. ESOP is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s program (three or four semesters), including the tuition fee waiver. Only ETH Bachelor students may start the ESOP with a leave of absence. |
How to Apply ESOP applications are submitted via eApply (online Master application), which also applies to ETH Bachelor students for a consecutive Master program. In addition to the standard Master admission documents, you need to upload a pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis. Ensure it follows established scientific citation practices and is free of plagiarism. If your program does not require references, you must name two reference persons (professors) for your ESOP application. The application window for ESOP Scholarships is open from November 1 until December 15, 2023. | |
Last Date for Apply December 15, 2023 |
Disclaimer: This job post is based on publicly available information and is not an official posting by ETH Zurich. Please verify the details from the official ETH Zurich website for more information.
For additional information, you can contact the Financial Aid Office at ETH Zurich via phone at +41 (0) 44 632 2088/3038 or by email. You can also visit the Financial Aid Office at Rämistrasse 101, HG F22.1, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland, during open info desk and telephone times.