Designation/Position- EUSP Scholarship
The European School of Urology, Netherlands invites application for EUSP Scholarship for eligible and interested candidates
About- To promote excellent basic research work, EUSP Scholarship offers a year long programme in a leading European research institution. Each year the EUSP Board contacts certified host institutions to check for basic research projects that can be taken up by a potential EUSP scholar. These projects will be published online and will be promoted during EAU meetings and the Annual EAU Congress to inform urologists who are interested to apply. After the annual deadline, the EUSP Board will review all applications and select the best candidate for each project.
Study level- Certified urologist or urologist
Location- The European School of Urology, Netherlands
- Applicant should be certified urologist or urologist in training aged under 40 years
- Applicant should have at least 3PubMed publications
- Membership of the EAU is mandatory
- A written project proposal of at least three A-4 pages, including a detailed time schedule, should be included in the application
- Ethical approval of the project is mandatory
- A letter of acceptance from the Chairman and/or Programme Director of the host institution is required
- An EAU-EBU Certified host centre is preferred but not mandatory
- The selected start date of the Scholarship should be at least 3 months after the application deadline (which is 1 January, 1 May or 1 September)
A maximum grant of €30,000 is available for each accepted project proposal. Expenses have to be justified by a well-documented budget that is to be included with each application. The budget should include the estimated costs of living, travel expenses for one round trip, limited refunds for continuing expenses in the home country, such as continuation of insurances and other costs for which documentation can be presented.
The EUSP grant is meant to finance the above-mentioned costs made only by the applicant, and not by accompanying persons. The EUSP grant will be transferred in 3 parts; 40% of the total grant will be transferred approximately 1 month before the start date, the next 40% will be transferred after 4 months Scholarship and the final 20% will be transferred after 8 months of the Scholarship. The applicant should provide a complete financial overview together with a proof of payment of travel, accommodation, insurance and continuing expenses in the home country, after the Scholarship.
How to Apply-
Candidates should apply online and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of passport
- List with PubMed publications only (including PubMed ID numbers)
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter of at least 2 senior urologists from the applicants country on letterhead paper of the institute
- Confirmation letter from the host on letterhead paper of the institute
- A detailed project description including a time frame
- A detailed budget
Last Date for Apply– The deadline for application is 1 January, 1 May & 1 September of each year.