Designation/Position- Fully Funded Research Scholarships
Swansea University, UK invites application for Fully Funded Research Scholarships for eligible and interested candidates
About- Scholarships are collaborative awards with external partners, including SMEs and micro companies, and public and third sector organizations. The scholarship provides 1 year of funding with a 3 month period to complete the thesis. The achievement of a postgraduate skills development award, PSDA, is compulsory for each KESS II scholar and is based on a 40 credit award.
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering or a related subject
Location- Swansea University, UK
Candidates should have a 2.1 or above in their undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering or a related subject.
They should also be eligible for UK/EU Fees (see http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information–Advice/Fees-and-Money/Wales-fee-status for more information).
We would normally expect the academic and English Language requirements to be met by point of application. For details on the University’s English Language entry requirements, please visit – http://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions/englishlanguagerequirements/
For this scholarship students must also have:
- a home address in East Wales (details below)* at the time of registration and enrolment
- the right to take up paid work in the East Wales Area* on completion of the scholarship
The studentship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus a stipend. The bursary will be limited to a maximum of £11,819 p.a. dependent upon the applicant’s financial circumstances as assessed in section C point on the KESS II EAST Participant Proposal Form. There will also be additional funds available for research expenses.
Please note that students receiving KESS II support are not eligible for Postgraduate Master’s Degree loan.
How to Apply-
- Complete the KESS II EAST Participant Proposal Form 2020-21
- Complete the KESS II Supplementary Form
- You will also need to provide copies of the following documentation:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- English language certificate (if required)
- All supporting documentation as detailed in Section C of the KESS II Participant Proposal Form
- 2 References (please ask your referees to email their references directly to KESSstudentenquires@Swansea.ac.uk)
*The references can take the form of a letter on official headed paper, or via the University’s standard reference form. Please note that references received via private emails accounts (e.g., Hotmail, Yahoo) cannot be accepted.
Please submit both application forms and supporting documentation to KESSstudentenquiries@swansea.ac.uk.
Application forms may be submitted in Welsh and any application submitted in Welsh will be treated no less favourably than an application received in English.
For any queries please contact KESSstudentenquiries@swansea.ac.uk.
Last Date for Apply– 19 February 2021.