GIST Scholarship Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
Designation/Position- GIST Scholarship
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Korea invites application for GIST Scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- GIST offers M.S., Ph.D., and integrated M.S. and Ph.D. degree programs. Students are expected to maintain full-time student status and continuous registration until the completion of all requirements. It normally takes two years to finish an M.S. program and four years for a Ph.D. program. The maximum completion times for the M.S., Ph.D., and M.S./Ph.D. programs are three years, seven years, and eight years respectively.
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science홈페이지 바로가기
- School of Materials Science and Engineering홈페이지 바로가기
- School of Mechanical Engineering홈페이지 바로가기
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering홈페이지 바로가기
- School of Life Science홈페이지 바로가기
- Department of Physics and Photon Science홈페이지 바로가기
- Department of Chemistry홈페이지 바로가기
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering홈페이지 바로가기
- School of Integrated Technology홈페이지 바로가기
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School홈페이지 바로가기
Location- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
Eric Bleumink Fund for Master programme, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Master of Science Program (M.S.)
- Doctor of Philosophy Program (Ph.D.)
- Integrated M.S. and Ph.D. Program (M.S./Ph.D.)
Please note that to be considered for admissions, University must have your completed application and all other required materials before the deadlines. Upon request, applications received after the deadline may be considered for the following semester.
If you are interested in GIST graduate admissions, please join our briefing session for 2021 spring semester on Zoom live.
(1) Title : A briefing session of GIST Graduate Admissions, 2021 Spring Semester
(2) Time : August 27th(Thur), 15:00 (KST) / September 10th(Thur), 16:00 (KST)
(3) Zoom Participation
* Once you register your information on google form above, we will send you Zoom address for joining.
How to Apply-
Submission of the online application at
Official degree certificates and transcripts
- For all undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- Only original or notarized copies will be accepted.
Two letters of recommendation on the prescribed form in sealed envelopes
※ Only this form will be acceptable for two letters of recommendation.DOC DOWNLOADPDF DOWNLOAD
- Only for GIST graduates who apply for Ph. D. program to the same academic advisor, the recommendation letters can be replaced with ‘Confirmation Certificate for Ph. D. Applicant’
- Minimum scores: 80(TOEFL iBT), 6.5(Academic IELTS), 750(TOEIC), 600(TEPS), 327(NEW TEPS).
- Tests must be taken within two years before the deadline date.
- Only original copies will be accepted.
- For IELTS only, photocopies will be accepted.
- Our institution code for ETS is 0144.
- A letter of recommendation for the Matriculation Fee waiver must be issued by the chair of your last home institute or department on the prescribed form in a sealed envelope.
- For Conditional Admission only
- A certificate stating that English is the language of instruction will be accepted
- GIST does not accept the documents via e-mail. Please send the documents by post.
- Section of Student Services, 2nd floor Administration Building, GIST 123 Cheomdangwagi-ro, Bukgu, Gwangju, 61005 Republic of Korea
- Mail: email@example.com
- Tel: +82-62-715-2054
- Step 1– Submit the online application choose your field of study and complete all relevant sections of the online application form. The online application form is accessible at: SERVICE LINK
- Step 2– Send all required documents by mail to GIST AdmissionsThe International Admissions Coordinator will contact you when all the required documents of your application have received. SERVICE LINK
- Step 3– Notification of the admissions results notification of results will be sent to the email address provided on or around June 15 for Fall admission and November 30 for Spring admission to those applicants whose documents have been received by the specified deadlines. Admitted candidates are expected to respond to the offers of admission within 15 days of notification.
- Step 4– Completion of enrollment requires the reception of documents and paying the Matriculation Fee. If you have decided to accept the offer of admission, you should enroll at GIST within the deadline provided. Upon enrollment, you will receive the admission packet: Certificate of Admission, Certificate of Financial Sponsorship, and a Letter of Invitation
- Step 5= Apply for a student visa. In order to apply for a student visa, you will need to obtain a student visa application form. This form is available at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in your home country. When you apply for a visa, you must attach the Certificate of Admission to the application form. After you receive your visa, you can contact the staff at the Section of International Cooperation(SIC) and the staff at your school or department. The staff of both departments will assist in arranging your travel to Korea.
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 15 October 2020
|Semester of Entrance||Spring Semester (Starting from March)|
|Application Deadlines||October 15|
|Examination of Documents||15 days|
|Documents Review||30 days|
|Notification of Admission Results||End-November|
|Registration of Admitted Students||Early January|
See Position Details-
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions