- 💡 The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship offers master’s and doctoral funding for students from Asia, the Pacific, and the US.
- 🌏 Fellowship emphasizes educational, cultural, residential community building, and leadership programs at the East-West Center alongside graduate studies at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM).
- 🤝 Fellows interact and live together, fostering an Asia-Pacific community and preparing for future leadership roles.
- 📚 Fellowship covers general tuition, fees, housing, books, partial meal funding, health insurance, and more.
- 🌍 Activities include team-building, leadership projects, cultural exchange, community service, and service learning projects.
- 🎯 Priority given to applicants with a strong commitment to the Asia Pacific region.
- 📣 Apply now and join a network dedicated to positive change in the Asia Pacific region.
- 🎓 Provides funding for master’s and doctoral degrees.
- 🏠 Includes housing in an East-West Center dormitory.
- 🍲 Partial funding for meals, health insurance, and more.
- 📚 Covers tuition and fees for UHM graduate programs.
- 🌐 Offers opportunities for field study and conference presentations.
- 🌟 Emphasizes community building and leadership development.
- 🌏 Priority for applicants committed to the Asia Pacific region.
📚 Opportunity Details:
- The fellowship offers financial aid and focuses on building an Asia Pacific community among individuals.
- Fellows engage in educational, cultural, and residential community building.
- Participants pursue post-graduation studies at the University of Hawai’i.
- Coverage includes books, housing in an EWC dormitory, health insurance, partial meal funding, and incidental expenses.
- Additional funding is provided for field study, conferences, and presentations.
🎓 Eligibility Criteria:
- Open to graduates from eligible countries, with a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 out of 4.00.
The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship is a comprehensive program that provides financial support to graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the United States. This fellowship goes beyond traditional scholarship aid, focusing on fostering an Asia-Pacific community and preparing fellows for leadership roles. Fellows not only engage in academic pursuits but also actively participate in cultural exchange, team-building activities, leadership projects, and community service. The fellowship covers various expenses such as tuition, housing, meals, and health insurance, promoting a conducive environment for educational enrichment. The program gives priority to individuals who are committed to the Asia Pacific region and can make a positive impact there.
This prestigious fellowship welcomes dedicated, hardworking, and enthusiastic young graduates from across the globe. The East West Centre Graduate Degree Fellowship in the United States provides fully funded opportunities for educational, cultural, and residential community building, as well as leadership development.Participants will engage in post-graduation studies at the University of Hawai’i, gaining exposure to the Asia Pacific region and contributing to its positive transformation.
|Host Country||United States|
|Host Organization||East-West Center (EWC)|
|Host University||University of Hawai’i (UH)|
|Eligible Regions||United States, Pacific Region, Southeast Asia, South Asia, East Asia|
|Program Level||Master’s Level, Doctoral Level|
Study Area: Educational, Cultural, and Residential Community Building, Leadership Development, Asia Pacific Region Studies.
Scholarship Description: The EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship offers a remarkable fully funded opportunity for graduates to work with the East West Centre, enhancing their skills in community building, leadership, and cultural understanding. Fellows will concurrently pursue post-graduation studies at the University of Hawai’i, fostering personal growth while contributing to the Asia Pacific community.
Eligibility: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a foreign higher institution or a U.S. based institute. The fellowship is open to individuals from the United States, Pacific Region, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and East Asia.
- Completed Application Form
- Academic Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores (if applicable)
How to Apply: To apply for the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship, follow these steps:
- Visit the official application portal.
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload the required documents as specified.
- Submit the application before the deadline.
Last Date: Application deadline for the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship is [01 December 2023]. Don’t miss this chance to be a part of a transformative journey toward leadership and community development in the Asia Pacific region.
The fellowship offers financial support and helps individuals feel connected to the Asia Pacific community. It also prepares them to be leaders in a globalized world.Embrace this opportunity to expand your horizons, enrich your knowledge, and contribute to positive change on both local and global levels.
📝 Application Process:
- Apply online through the application portal.
- University of Hawai’i students can directly apply to EWC.
- Non-UH students apply to UH first, then to EWC with required documents.