Designation/Position- Maastricht University Holland-High Potential scholarship
The Maastricht University (UM) invites application for Maastricht University Holland-High Potential scholarship for eligible and interested candidates
About- The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Research/Job Area- Master’s programme
Location- The Netherlands
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year.
List of the UM master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2021.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2021-2022 scholarship programme applicants.
|Living expenses||€ 11,400* (12 months) or € 22,800* (24 months)||Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 174*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,800*; € 15,500* or € 16,800* depending on the tuition of your study programme||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||At cost||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
How to Apply-
Step 1:Register for one of the participating Master’s programs at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for a Master’s program at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for Maastricht University. You will need a student number to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
- Please note: only the Master’s programs in the list above are eligible for a UM Holland-High Potential scholarship.
- Please note: you can apply for the Master’s program at UM and the scholarship simultaneously. However, you must be conditionally approved for admission to your Master’s program to be awarded a scholarship.
- Please note: if your study program requires a handling fee payment as part of your program’s admissions procedure, UM International Services Desk does not cover handling fees. You are responsible for paying any handling fee your program may require by 1 February 2021. To check whether your program requires a handling fee payment, please check your programme’s web page under the menu tab ‘Admission requirements.’
Step 2: Please fill in the application form as per the table below:
|Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS)||Application form|
|Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (FHML)||Application form*|
|Faculty of Psychology and Neurosciences (FPN)||Application form|
|Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE)||Application form*|
|Faculty of Law (FL)||Application form*|
|School of Business and Economics (SBE)||Application form*|
Last Date for Apply– Midnight on 1 February 2021 (Central European Time)