Designation/Position- ICTP Master’s Programme
University of Trieste, Italy invites application for ICTP Master’s Programme (Fully Funded) for eligible and interested candidates
About- ICTP and the University of Trieste offer a Master’s Programme in Medical Physics (MMP), a two-year advanced training programme in the field of medical physics, co-sponsored by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), supported by the International Organisation for Medical Physics (IOMP) and the European Federation of Organization for Medical Physics (EFOMP) and in collaboration with Trieste University Hospitals.
Study level- Master’s Degree
Location- University of Trieste, Italy
- The minimum qualification for applicants is a degree equivalent to a MSc in physics or related fields. The selection of candidates will be based on their university performance, research activity and professional experience in the field. Adequate proficiency in English language is required. More details on the selection process are here.
- The Master’s Programme is open to young (generally below 30 years of age) qualified graduates from countries that are members of the United Nations, UNESCO or IAEA. Candidates who have received their degree outside Italy must obtain the “Dichiarazione di valore” from the Italian Embassy in their country, testifying that their curriculum studiorum is equivalent to the Italian “Laurea specialistica”. Curriculum studiorum should comprise 12 years of primary and secondary school and a University degree equivalent to the Italian “Laurea specialistica” – a university study allowing to enter in a PhD programme in her/his Country.
- The maximum number of students admitted is 30.
- The university course fees for the Master’s Programme is 2200 euro for the entire cycle.
- Qualified candidates may attend the course at their own cost. A limited number of partial or full scholarships will be awarded to successful candidates from developing countries. ICTP will also cover, on the basis of a detailed request, travel costs and course fees for a limited number of successful candidates from developing countries who are not awarded the full or partial scholarship.
Qualified candidates may attend the course at their own cost.
A limited number of full or partial scholarships will be awarded to successful candidates from developing countries, thanks to the support of the IAEA, TWAS and ICTP. Full support includes travel, registration fees and a monthly stipend of 900 euro in the first year and 1000 euro in the second (or a reduced amount if accommodation is provided).
Partial support can be in the form of:
- half support: travel, registration fees and a monthly stipend of 450 euro in the first and 500 in the second year
- or, only travel and registration fees.
How to Apply-
Individuals wishing to apply for the Master of Advanced Studies in Medical Physics must complete the online application form.
The applicant has to submit a CV, a transcription of the university degree and can also submit a letter of recommendation from senior scientists familiar with the applicant. Scientists making recommendations should indicate if they have any contacts at the ICTP.
Application deadline: 16 May 2021.
Last Date for Apply– 16 May 2021