Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship gor Master Programme in Poland
Higher education institutions (HEIs) in Poland invites application for Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The objective of the Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship Programme is to support the socio-economic growth of developing countries (with the exclusion of Europe and Central Asia by way of raising the level of education and professional qualifications of these countries’ citizens. It is a joint scholarship initiative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange NAWA in the form of Polish development aid. The Programme offers a scholarship to foreign students, enabling them to complete full-time second-cycle studies in the following fields: engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, exact sciences and life sciences at higher education institutions (HEIs). Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship
Research/Job Area- Engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, exact sciences and life sciences
Location- Higher education institutions (HEIs) in Poland
Vice-Chancellor Scholarships 2020 at Bangor University, United Kingdom
Scholars of Tomorrow Scholarship at King’s College London, UK
Eligibility/Qualification– Foreigners who meet all the criteria listed below at the time of call for applications may apply for the NAWA scholarship for second-cycle studies in Poland under the Programme.
1) be citizens of one of the following countries: Angola, Ethiopia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Colombia, Lebanon, Mexico, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, South Africa, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam or other countries covered by Official Development Assistance (ODA), with the exception of developing countries of Europe and Central Asia. The list of countries whose citizens may apply for a scholarship under the Programme is attached as Appendix no. 1 to these Regulations.
2) not be Polish citizens and must not have applied for Polish citizenship;
3) plan to commence second-cycle studies or a preparatory course in the academic year 2020/21;
4) be students of the last year of first-cycle studies in the fields of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, exact sciences and life sciences at the time of submitting the application to the Programme or have obtained a diploma of completion of first-cycle studies in the above-mentioned fields not earlier than in 2017;
5) not have previously obtained a Master’s degree (second-cycle or uniform Master’s studies). If the two-cycle studies system is not universally in place in the country in which the student has obtained her or his first-cycle studies diploma, it is admissible to accept Applicants who hold a Master’s or equivalent diploma obtained no earlier than in 2017, as well as Applicants who are students of the last year of these studies, conducted in the fields of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, exact sciences and life sciences.
6) not have previously been granted a scholarship under the Programme;
7) speak English at least at the B2 level. Language competences must be confirmed with a document listed in point 2.5 of these Regulations
The Scholarship amounts are:
1) PLN 1,700 a month throughout the preparation course (at which point the Scholarship Beneficiary does not have the status of a student and thus student discounts, such as those applicable to public transportation, are not available to her or him).
2) PLN 1,500 a month for students of second-cycle studies.
How to Apply- Programme applications will be accepted in electronic form through the NAWA ICT system accessible at www.nawa.gov.pl.
As soon as the application is submitted in the system, its status is changed to “submitted” and the Applicant receives an email with the application’s reference number.
Each Applicant may only submit one application. In the event of submission of more than one NAWA application, only the first one will be evaluated, and the remaining ones will be rejected.
Only fully completed applications will be evaluated. Submission of an application is tantamount to Applicant’s acceptance of the Regulations of the Programme.
The following must accompany the application:
1) a scan of the Applicant’s valid passport page with the Applicant’s personal information, confirming the Applicant’s nationality;
2) an outline of the planned Master’s thesis in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, exact sciences or life sciences – specifying the topic and the research method. The description must be entered in the form available in the NAWA system;
3) scan of the diploma of completion of first-cycle studies in the fields of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, exact sciences or life sciences, along with the supplement (transcript of subjects taken) and the GPA, conferred no earlier than in 2017.
- a) In the case of Applicants whose supplement does not specify the GPA achieved throughout first-cycle studies – a document issued by the HEI stating this GPA, bearing a university seal.
- b) In the case of Applicants who are students of the last year of first-cycle studies – a scan of a document issued by the student’s HEI, confirming her or his GPA as at the date of application, along with information on the planned completion date of studies.
- c) In the case of absence of a diploma or Applicants who at the time of submitting the application do not yet have a diploma of completion of first-cycle studies – a scan of a document issued by the HEI confirming that the Applicant has completed first-cycle studies, along with the GPA achieved in first-cycle studies (no earlier than in 2017).
- d) If a two-cycle system of studies is not in place in the Applicant’s country of origin – a scan of the diploma of completion of Master’s degree or equivalent, obtained no earlier than in 2017 along with a supplement or a document issued by the HEI indicating the GPA from the entire course of studies. In the case of Applicants who are students of the last year of these studies – a scan of a document issued by the HEI indicating the GPA from the entire course of studies, bearing the HEI seal;
4) Applicant’s declaration of not having previously completed Master’s degree studies (second-cycle or uniform studies) – does not apply to Applicants who received their diploma of completion of first-cycle studies in a country where the two-cycle system of studies in not in place;
5) a scan of a certificate confirming knowledge of English at least at B2 level – a list of accepted certificates is provided in Appendix no. 2 to the Regulations.
For Contact- Ilia Markowski e-mail: email@example.com
Last Date for Apply– 16 March 2020, by 15:00 Central European Time (local Warsaw time)
See Position Details-
Click here to apply-
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions