Designation/Position- International Excellence Scholarship 2021/22
Brunel University, London invites application for International Excellence Scholarship 2021/22 for eligible and interested candidates
About- Brunel University London is pleased to offer a prestigious package of scholarships for International students. The scholarship scheme is for fully self-funded students only and is based on overall academic merit and professional experience. We will award International Excellence Scholarship 2021/22 to applicants who most closely meet or exceed the criteria for the award
Study level- Undergraduate or postgraduate
Location- International Excellence Scholarship 2021/22
- Must be classed as an Overseas fee paying student based on the UK government regulations and be self-funded (not sponsored). Applicants who are unsure of their fee status should note Brunel uses the information they have provided in their application form to assess fee status against regulations set by the UK government. For information on these regulations please visit the independent organisation UKCISA’s website.
- Must have an offer to study on a full time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme (including placement routes and undergraduate integrated Masters programmes) starting in September 2021 or January 2022.
- Must complete the correct Scholarship ‘register your interest form’ by the stated deadline.
- All applicants must meet all conditions of their offer by the time they are due to register at Brunel.
Those not eligible for these Scholarships
- Applicants NOT classed as Overseas for fees purposes, based on the UK government regulations or those with an unresolved fee status. For 2021/22 entry, this includes applicants classed as European by Brunel University London who are already in receipt of reduced fees, so are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who are not fully self-funded and are being sponsored by a Government or external body.
- The International Excellence Scholarship is not available to Postgraduate Research applicants (i.e. PhD, MPhil).
- Applicants holding an offer on a course that offers a College Specific Scholarship for International students will not be considered for this scholarship scheme, i.e. the Dean’s Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Scholarship for international students, the NSRIC Scholarships or the MBA scholarship.
- Applicants who will NOT commence their course in September 2021 or January 2022 – applicants holding offers for deferred entry must apply for scholarships in the month and year they intend to start their course and not in the year of their course application.
- Undergraduate applicants entering a course at FHEQ Level 5 (Year 2) or FHEQ Level 6 (Year 3).
- Applicants entering a course with Brunel Pathway College (BPC), or who are progressing to a Brunel course from a BPC course.
- Applicants holding an offer to study by Distance Learning.
- Applicants holding offers to study on a part-time programme.
- Students who have previously studied with Brunel University London or those that have been in receipt of a Brunel International Scholarship previously, either as part of current or earlier studies are not eligible.
Postgraduate: £6,000 as a tuition fee waiver applied to the first year of study only.
Undergraduate: £6,000 as a tuition fee waiver, each year for a maximum of three years. The Scholarship will be paid once for each eligible level of study, subject to normal progression criteria having been met (additional payments will not be made during a repeating year, regardless of the reason for repetition).
Applicants must have applied for a full time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme starting in September 2021 or January 2022.
Those applying for Postgraduate Research courses are not eligible for this award.
How many: 60 scholarships are available
September entry: awards will be allocated in July 2021, to those applicants who meet all of the following eligibility criteria.
January entry: any remaining awards from September will be allocated in December 2021.
How to Apply-
To be considered applicants must complete a register your interest form by the stated deadlines. Applications will only be accepted if all sections of the scholarship application form have been completed and the applicant is holding an offer on a course starting in September 2021.
Applicants applying for a course starting in January 2022 must apply for the scholarship using the January scholarship register your interest form, if they apply using the September scholarship register your interest form the application will not be considered.
Last Date for Apply– 30 June 2021