Designation/Position- International Experience Awards
University of Waterloo, Canada invites application for International Experience Awards for eligible and interested candidates
About- Several awards are provided annually to full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty who participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, or a study term related to academic requirements.
Study level- Open to any program
Location- University of Waterloo, Canada
- full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements
- selection based on combination of academic achievement and duration and type of the international experience
Awards are valued at up to $2,500 – $10,000 each, and will be given on the basis of academic achievement, as well as the type and duration of the experience. Interested students, in good academic standing (normally a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level), who are planning to participate in an international experience in Israel are eligible to apply. Award selection will take place once per term. Students should apply as soon as they are able to confirm the details of their intended experience by one of the following deadlines: July 15, November 15, or March 15. These awards were established through the generous support of the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Foundation in honour of former Waterloo President David Johnston, as a lasting tribute to his 11-year service to this university and in recognition of his passion for international opportunities for students.
- up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience
- $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience
- up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience
How to Apply-
Complete the general International Experience Award Application form.
All University-sanctioned international travel is suspended until further notice due to COVID-19. As a result, the international experience award program is suspended during this time.
Last Date for Apply– July 15, November 15 2021
Dean’s International Research Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Awards at Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Germany
Jönköping University Scholarships at Jönköping University, Sweden
Woods Hole Internship at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, U.S.A.