Designation/Position- International Master’s Fellowships
Wellcome Trust, London invites application for International Master’s Fellowships for eligible and interested candidates
About- International Master’s Fellowships scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
Study level- Master of Science (MSc)
Location- Wellcome Trust, London
You can apply for an International Master’s Fellowship if:
- you’re a national of a low- or middle-income country
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country apart from mainland China.
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
Your research proposal
Your research proposal should be within our science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
When we consider your application, we’ll look at the:
- quality and importance of your research question(s)
- feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- suitability of your choice of research environments
- suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course you select – it should take place at a recognised centre of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply if you’re:
- intending to be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland or another high-income country (although your taught course can be anywhere in the world)
- planning to do a Master of Research (MRes)
- a researcher in India – instead see the Wellcome Trust/Department of Biotechnology India Alliance
- currently applying for another Wellcome Trust fellowship.
We wouldn’t usually expect you to apply if you already have a Master’s. Please contact us before you apply.
If you’ve already been unsuccessful with a full application for this scheme, please contact us before you apply again.
You can’t apply to carry out activities that involve the transfer of grant funds into mainland China.
Career stage:Postgraduate training
- Type of researcher: Basic, Clinical, Public health
- Where your host organisation is based: Low- or middle-income countries (apart from India and mainland China)
- Level of funding: £120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses
- Duration of funding:- 30 months (12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project)
How to Apply-
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).Start your application
You must submit your application by 17:00 (GMT/BST) on the deadline day. We don’t accept late applications.
April 2021 round
- Application deadline 13 April 2021, 17:00 BST
- DecisionJune 2021
August 2021 round
This is the final round.
- Application deadline24 August 2021, 17:00 BST
- DecisionNovember 2021
Last Date for Apply– 13 April 2021