Designation/Position- International Master’s Scholarship
The University of Otago invites application for International Master’s Scholarship eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Otago International Research Master’s Scholarship provides funding to support international Master’s students studying at the University of Otago.
Applicants must be:
- obtaining their first Master’s qualification
- international students
- undertaking a thesis-based Master’s
Research/Job Area- Master’s Research
Location- University of Otago, New Zealand
Doctoral and Masters’ scholarships will be awarded on the basis of:
a) The applicant’s academic record:1
• In the case of an applicant for a doctoral scholarship who has completed a Master’s degree by papers and thesis (at least 0.75 EFTS), the grades of all relevant2 advanced level papers counting towards the award of the degree and the thesis will be taken into account. An explanation of the time taken for completion of the thesis may be requested and considered by the Scholarships and Prizes Committee if the thesis has taken more than 2 EFTS (2 fulltime years) to complete.
• In the case of an applicant for a scholarship without a Master’s degree including a thesis, the grades of all relevant2 advanced level papers counting towards the award of the applicant’s most relevant degree will be taken into account.
• In the case of applicants whose prior qualifications have been awarded by other
universities, the University shall calculate a GPA score using what it considers to be the
most relevant2 papers and grades provided on the applicant’s academic transcripts.
• Certificate of Proficiency and Pass/Fail papers will not be taken into account in the
b) The applicant’s potential for, or record of, research.
c) The advice, recommendation and/or ranking of the relevant Head of Department.
Eligibility for Doctoral and Masters’ scholarships
1) Unless otherwise stated in these conditions or within the schedule, doctoral and Masters’ scholarships are open only to Domestic Fee Paying Students.3 International candidates studying for professional doctorates are eligible to apply but if awarded a scholarship the tuition fee waiver will be capped at the domestic rate.
2) In the case of applicants for a doctoral scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on approval of their application for admission to the relevant doctoral programme and completion of the enrolment procedure.
3) In the case of applicants for a Master’s scholarship, confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on approval of their application to register as a Master’s candidate and completion of the
Doctoral scholarships are awarded by the University Council, on the recommendation of the Senate, to candidates proceeding to a course of supervised doctoral study at this University. These scholarships are normally available only to students seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification. Candidates may be awarded one University of Otago doctoral scholarship only. Masters’ scholarships are awarded by the University Council, on the recommendation of the Senate, to candidates in the first year of their thesis research for a Master’s degree which constitutes entry to the PhD course at this University. These scholarships are available only to students seeking to obtain their first research-based Master’s qualification.
|Value||NZ$15,000 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for 1 year capped at the domestic rate for Master’s study (excludes student services fee and insurance)|
|Closing date||Applicants can apply anytime|
How to Apply-
Applications for scholarships are made online through the University’s website. An
invitation to apply for scholarships is sent once an application for admission to the relevant qualification is complete. Applications may be made at any time and should normally accompany the application for admission to the relevant qualification. Where an applicant is completing a Master’s degree which includes enrolment in papers prior to enrolment in a thesis, application should normally be made following completion of those papers. An invitation will be sent when enrolment in the thesis component of the Master’s degree is completed.
Last Date for Apply– Applicants can apply anytime