Designation/Position- International Student Scholarship 2021
South China Normal University, China invites application for International Student Scholarship 2021 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship is established by Guangdong Provincial Government to attract outstanding international students for undergraduate and graduate studies in the universities of Guangdong Province. As one of the key comprehensive universities, South China Normal University (SCNU) undertakes the enrolment of international students under this government scholarship.
Study level- Undergraduate & Graduate courses
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Applicants should apply for undergraduate or graduate study.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate studies must have a graduation diploma of senior high school or higher education and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants must be rated excellent in their previous study and select appropriate discipline in accordance with his/her interest and academic background with well-prepared study or research plan.
5. Applicants should be self-funded students. This application is not open to those who have been awarded with other scholarship.
- Applicant should pay all the tuition and fees. Scholarship will be given out as one-off payment to the scholarship winner’s account.
One-off payment subsidy: RMB￥30,000 per person for doctoral students; RMB ￥20,000 per person for master’s students; RMB￥10,000 per person for bachelor’s students.
- Winners for this scholarship will be given priority consideration in the next round scholarship application.
How to Apply-
Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted by SCNU.
Step 1: Please register at our admission website and submit the application and print out the application form.
Step 2: Download the scholarship application form (see attached). Please fill it, print it out, and sign it.
Step 3: Send your documents to SCNU admission offices by post before the application deadline. Postal addresses are as follow:
- Room A104, School of International Culture, South China Normal University, No.55 Zhongshan Avenue West, Guangzhou, P. R. China, Post Code : 510631
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Pay the application fee – RMB￥420 yuan. (You will receive an email on requesting you to pay the application fee to the account of South China Normal University.)
Application documents required
- Application Form for Guangdong Government Outstanding International Student Scholarship Program (in Chinese or English);
- SCNU application form printed out from the admission website;
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma recipients must submit Hope Certificate issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
- Transcripts in accordance with the diploma in item (3). Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal written in Chinese or English. This should be a minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants;
- Letters of Recommendation in Chinese or English from two faculty members from the institution where you got your education diploma of highest level. (For undergraduate programs, one recommendation letter should be written by the principle of high school; For graduate programs, recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.)
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works;
- A copy of valid HSK5 certificate for those apply for courses instructed in Chinese except for the Chinese Language Undergraduate Course;
- A photocopy of an available Passport;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org.The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
The above documents should be bound on top left corner in the order from 1 to 10. No application documents will be returned.
Please keep checking your email regularly in case of any application update and make sure your mobile phone number is reachable.
Selection and nomination
- Applicants will be given priority consideration if they graduate from world-renowned universities, sister universities or are recommended by senior professors or experts. A panel of experts at SCNU will decide the admission list and screen candidates for the scholarship. Admission will be decided on the basis of the applicants’ application documents, academic performance, overall merits, research achievements and supervisors’ comments. The admitted students should register at SCNU as a self-funded students on time and then enter the final round screening automatically. The list of nominees produced from the final screening will be submitted to the Department of Education of Guangdong Province for final approval.
- The result will be published on SCNU website and the official website of the Department of Education of Guangdong Province presumably in December. Scholarship will be given out afterwards.
Last Date for Apply– 15 July 2021