Internship in Japan for International Students, OIST Internship
Designation/Position- Internship in Japan for International Students
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Japan invites application for Internship in Japan for International Students from eligible and interested candidates
About- In addition to the OIST Doctoral Program, seminars, and workshops, the OIST Graduate School offers education and research opportunities through a system of undergraduate and graduate placements as Research Interns. These short-term placements as a Research Intern give a select few talented students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique. They work under the direction of a Professor at OIST and contribute to the research activities of OIST. Internship in Japan for International Students
Research/Job Area- Various research area
Location- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Students enrolled at graduate or undergraduate programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or recent graduates of such institutions.
- Bachelor year 3 and 4 and master year 1 & 2 students are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Currently enrolled students must have approval from their home institution.
- The Graduate University aims to train researchers who will play important roles in the international scientific community at leading scientific institutions in the public and private sectors.
- Accordingly, the program will make it a principle to recruit candidates with the potential and motivation to become leaders in scientific research on the international stage.
- Academically applicants should be at least among the top 20% of students in their program.
- Research group seek interns who are highly motivated by the excitement and potential of the cutting-edge research that is possible at OIST, who have the curiosity and academic ability needed to excel in their chosen areas of study, and who have the capacity for independent research and original thinking.
- Successful applicants will also require proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English for advanced study in science, and the ability to interact effectively with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
Duration – The tenure of Research Intern placements is between 2 and 6 months, typically at least 10 to 12 weeks.
Support – OIST provides living allowance, commuting support where necessary, and accommodation either on campus or nearby. Successful applicants will receive a Living Allowance of 2,400 JPY per day (weekends & holidays excluded) while at OIST.
Travel Expenses – OIST will pay for one direct roundtrip travel for Research Interns between the home university or institution and the research unit or other facility where the internship will take place (usually Okinawa).
Other Support – The Student Support Section of the Graduate School will provide support for Research Interns at OIST with matters such as housing, visa acquisition, insurance procedures, and local registration.
How to Apply-
- Research Intern places are awarded on a competitive basis.
- The applicant is notified of the receipt of an application within an hour of online submission.
- Successful applicants will be notified of acceptance once a decision has been made. OIST Graduate School will send results by email to successful applicants, typically within 3 months after the submission deadline.
- For successful applicants, confirmation of internship participation must be made months in advance as ample time must be allowed for the issue of a visa and other necessary Japanese government documentation.
- You will need to open an account in order to apply to the program. You may complete the application all at once or in multiple sessions. Please fill out and submit the following materials to apply for the program:
1) Curriculum Vitae Sheet – OIST CV SHEET
2) Personal Statement – STATEMENT SHEET
3) Academic Transcript –
4) Recommendation Letter –
5) ID Photo –
Once you have obtained all the documents above, please attach and apply to the program through this APPLICATION FORM.
For Contact- firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply–
Application periods correspond to time ranges in which your internship starts. (The deadline for your application depends on the day you plan to start your internship.
For example, if you plan to start May 1, your “Desired Starting Date” is in the range of Apr 1- Sep 30, so the deadline is Oct. 15).
Actual internship periods may include parts of two or more separate intake periods (for example, you could request an internship that lasts from Jan 10- May 10).
|Desired Starting Date Range|
(the internship may extend beyond this period; your START date can be any time in the stated date range)
|Oct 2020- Mar 2021||April 2021 – Sept. 2021|
|Application Period||Mar. 15 – Apr. 15||Sept. 15 -Oct. 15|
|Approximate Date of Result Announcement||July||January|