Internship Opportunity for 1 to 6 Months Duration by UNESCO
Designation/Position- Internship Opportunity
UNESCO invites application for Internship Opportunity for 1 to 6 Months Duration from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Communication & Information Sector strives to foster freedom of expression, media development, and access to information and knowledge in line with UNESCO’s mandate to “promote the free flow of ideas by word and image”.
UNESCO advances freedom of expression and the safety of journalists online and off-line, notably in the framework of the United Nations Plan of Action on the Safety of Journalists. Moreover, the Sector combats online hate speech, as well as disinformation and misinformation through awareness-raising initiatives, steady monitoring, capacity-building activities, and technical support to the Member States.
- Accountability (C)
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- Long Description
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework
UNSW International Scholarships for UG and PG Candidates in Australia
Interns are selected on a competitive basis. Applicants to UNESCO internships must at the time of application meet the following academic requirements:
- Completed university studies (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment;
- Enrolled in a graduate programme (second university degree or Master’s degree or equivalent, or higher), at the time of application; or
- Have graduated with a university degree (first or second degree as defined above), and must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. Working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the headquarters.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proof of health insurance coverage from a valid major global medical insurance company for the duration of the internship.
- Provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship.
- The Intern will have the opportunity to learn and support the overall work of the sector/program’s mission.
- The intern will be selected according to their specialization and needs of the sector.
- Activities will vary depending on the requirements of the assignments.
- Specific Terms of Reference and learning objectives will form part of the contract.
- Duration of contract: From 1 to 6 months
How to Apply-
- You are allowed to submit only one application.
- The duration of an internship generally ranges between 2 and 6 months.
- Even if you are eligible, there is no guarantee of placement. We receive more applications from qualified candidates than we can place.
- Your application will be accessed by UNESCO managers around the world and will stay in our database for a period of six months.
- UNESCO does not respond to each and every candidate. If selected, you will be directly contacted by the manager. If you do not receive any update within six months, it means that your application has not been successful.
Last Date for Apply– 31 July 2020
See Position Details-
Click here to apply-
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions