Designation/Position- JRF at IISER Bhopal
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal, India invites application for JRF at IISER Bhopal from eligible and interested candidates
Research/Job Area- Atmospheric Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering
Location- IISER Bhopal
- This position requires a post-graduate degree (BS-MS, MSc, M.Tech) in Atmospheric Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Civil/ Environmental/Chemical Engineering, from a recognized University/ Institute.
- The candidate should preferably have a fundamental knowledge of atmospheric aerosols, specifically aerosol chemistry, its chemical analysis methods and optical characteristics.
- In addition to minimum qualification, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF/INSPIRE-Ph.D/GATE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other Fellowship is mandatory.
- This position will be centered on field sampling, chemical analyses and aerosol source apportionment.
- Prior experience in operating instruments such as particulate matter air sampler, nephelometer, transmissiometer, and weather stations are highly desirable
- Experience with factor analysis including chemical mass balance and positive matrix factorization for atmospheric aerosols is valuable.
- Experience with performing Mie calculations and coupling in with source apportionment is an advantage.
- The position requires excellent English communication (oral and written) skills.
- Title of project: ”National Carbonaceous Aerosols Programme COALESCE: CarbOnaceous AerosoL Emissions, Source apportionment and ClimatE impacts”
- Funded by: The project is funded by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India
- Position: Junior Research Fellow
- Number of Posts: 01
- Duration: Temporary post upto March 31, 2021, extendable to one year if the project is extended
- Emoluments: Rs. 31,000 pm + HRA
How to Apply-
Procedure to submit applications: Applications are to be made (electronic copy or hard copy) by submitting curriculum vitae (CV) (in accordance with the appended format) along with a statement of purpose. The application should include a passport-sized photograph and at least two letters of recommendation.
Mail applications to:
Dr. Ramya Sunder Raman
Associate Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences
29, Academic Building 2
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal
Bhopal by-pass road, Bhauri
Bhopal- 462 066, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Phone: + 91-755-2691 371
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : https://home.iiserb.ac.in/~ramyasr/pages/Home.html
Last Date for Apply– 04 October 2020