Designation/Position- JRF (Junior Research Fellow) in Department of Geology
Institute of Science, BHU – Varanas, India invites application for JRF (Junior Research Fellow) in Department of Geology (on Contract) from eligible and interested candidates.
Research/Job Area- Geology
- The candidate must be M.Sc. in Geology with at least 55% marks and passed NET/GATE examination.
- Upper age limit should not exceed 28 years. A relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates.
- All things being equal, SC/ST candidates are preferable as per GOI rules.
- The candidate with working knowledge on the EPMA equipment are preferable.
- In the event of non-availability of suitable NET/GATE qualified candidate, a Project Fellow may be appointed on lesser emoluments as per the existing rules.
- Salary: Rs.25,000 p.m plus HRA (if admissible) as per the Government of India rules.
- Sponsored By: DST-SERB
- Research Project Title: “Evolution of Indian Sub-continental Lithospheric Mantle: Insights from kimberlites, related rocks and mafic dykes”. P07/569
- Duration: The post is sanctioned up to 31st December, 2020 and is temporary and co-terminus with the project.
How to Apply-
- Application on Plain paper giving Name, permanent and correspondence address, names of father and mother, telephone no. and e-mail address, details of educational career (starting from High School or equivalent) along with attested copies of all mark-sheets & certificates and details of any research or other experience etc.
- Should reach within 21 days of the advertisement to the
- Add: Prof N.V.Chalapathi Rao, PI, DST Project (P07-569), Centre of Advanced Study in Geology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221 005, U.P (e-mail: email@example.com). No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview.
Date of Advertisement: 01 September 2020
Last Date for Apply– within 21 days of advertisement i.e; before 22 Sep 2020