Designation/Position- JRF position at IISER Bhopal
IISER Bhopal, India invites application for JRF position at IISER Bhopal from eligible and interested candidates
Research/Job Area- Atmospheric Science, Geophysics, Physics, Environmental Physics/Science, Mathematics, and Chemical, Environmental, Computer and Civil Engineering
JRF (Junior Research Fellow) in SERB, DST funded project at BITS-Pilani
Project Associate at CSIR Madras- Apply by 02 Oct. 2020
JRF for DST-QuST Project at IISER Mohali- Apply by 04 October 2020
JRF at IISER Bhopal under Ministry of Environment- Apply by 04 Oct. 2020
Location- IISER Bhopal
- Master’s (M.Sc.)/M.Tech degrees in any of the disciplines of Atmospheric Science, Geophysics, Physics, Environmental Physics/Science, Mathematics, and Chemical, Environmental, Computer and Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Candidates having a M.Tech./M.E. degree from India must have qualified the GATE exam at the time of admission to the M.Tech./M.E. programme. GATE examination is exempt for those with B.Tech. from IITs or BS-MS from IISERs with CGPA/CPI more than 8.0 on a 10 point scale.
- Strong background in Mathematics/Numerical methods with motivation towards Atmospheric Sciences
- In addition to minimum qualification, for all candidates, National level examinations like National Eligibility Test (NET)/CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF/INSPIRE-Ph.D./GATE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other equivalent Fellowship is mandatory.
- Experience in Programming (like FORTRAN, C/C++, Matlab, Python, NCL etc.); Shell scripting.
- Handling of a large volume of data and conversant with data format like Net CDF, HDF, GRIB etc.
- Working experience in LINUX/UNIX environment.
- Strong aptitude towards pursuing PhD
Applications are invited from highly motivated and team-oriented young candidates for
Max Planck Partner Group’s Junior Research Fellow (MP-PG JRF) position at the atmospheric Greenhouse gas Modeling and Applications (GMA) group, Department of
Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES) IISER Bhopal. The fellowships will be supported
by the Max Planck Society in Germany, as part of the Max Planck partner group. The
GMA group’s research involves implementation of atmospheric greenhouse gas modeling approach to the Indian subcontinent. One of our critical research topics is about monitoring emission hotspots in India in the context of rapidly increasing anthropogenic emissions and their impact on climate.
- Number of positions: One JRF
- Duration: Initially for 6 months, but extendable based on candidate’s performance
- Salary: 31,000/- + 16% H.R.A.
How to Apply- Interested candidates should fill the online application:
Last Date for Apply– 5th October 2020
See Position Details-
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions