President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020 in USF, USA
Designation/Position- Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020
University of South Florida (USF), USA invites application for Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- This Postgraduate Fellowship is announced in honor of President A.P.J. Kalam. President Kalam was a strong advocate for young people and a passionate supporter of clean energy and energy independence. He visited the University of South Florida (USF) in 2012 and is remembered affectionately by USF and the vibrant Indian heritage community in Tampa Bay, Florida. Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2020
- Applied Anthropology
- Applied Physics
- Business Ph.D. programs
- Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Integrative Biology
- Marine Science
Location- University of South Florida (USF), USA
1. Candidates must have submitted an application for the PhD program in any of the subjects listed to USF (https://www.usf.edu/admissions/) and secured a USF ID.
2. Candidates must meet all eligibility requirements for the program of their choice.
3. Candidates must have graduated from or are about to graduate from an Indian University.
The University of South Florida will:
- Waive all tuition for a total of up to four years.
- Contribute a stipend of $22,000 that is payable in three installments of $8000 each in the fall and spring semesters and $6000 in the summer semester. In addition to waiving tuition fees, this award covers health insurance and other fees.
- The stipends will be payable by USF once the winner of the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship at the University of South Florida is enrolled at the university for his/her first term.
All other costs (e.g., airfare, housing at USF, etc.) will be met by the awardee.
One award will be offered each academic year.
How to Apply-
All candidates must have submitted a USF graduate application and established a university ID number at the USF graduate admissions portal prior to submitting the Kalam Fellowship form. Once admitted to USF, the awardee will comply with all USF regulations, processes and procedures and all applicable law. To submit the A.P.J. Kalam application, candidates must scan the following materials and email them to KalamFellowship@usf.edu in one composite PDF (please do not send .jpeg files):
- Postgraduate Fellowship Form (Download here)
- A brief letter outlining your interest in the Fellowship and your proposed area of study.
- Curriculum Vitae including your current occupation, your academic and professional experience/achievement and evidence of scholarly activity
- Statement on intended research for your Ph.D. degree under the Kalam Fellowship
- Two Letters of Recommendation on academic and/or professional letterhead
- Some programs may require a GRE score; please check with individual departments’ requirements
Last Date for Apply– 3 February 2020.
December 1 – February 3 – (Please check individual graduate programs for due date of application) Applicant must first apply for a graduate program through the USF Graduate Admissions Office, receive a university ID, and then apply for the Kalam no later than February 3rd
February 3 – Kalam Applications due to USF
May 1 – Public announcement of winner and timeline for next year