EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship for Master’s and Doctoral Funding, USA
Designation/Position- Master’s and Doctoral Funding
East-West Center, USA invites application for Master’s and Doctoral Funding from eligible and interested candidates
About- The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides master’s and doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the United States to participate in educational, cultural, residential community building, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM). Master’s and Doctoral Funding
Research/Job Area- All available area
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Citizens of countries in the Pacific and Asia, including Russia
Priority in the student selection process is given to applicants with a demonstrated commitment to the Asia Pacific region.
Before the start of the award, applicants for graduate programs must have obtained a 4-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Generally, an applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) or the equivalent, in the last four semesters or six quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
- The graduate degree fellowship covers the cost of tuition and fees, books, housing in an East-West Center dormitory, and partial funding toward meals, health insurance, and incidental expenses.
- Funding for field study and conference presentations is offered on a competitive basis during the fellow’s period of study.
The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides the following funding:
- Full-time graduate tuition and fees up to the equivalent of the tuition charged for post-baccalaureate students at the University of Hawaii at Manoa toward master’s or doctoral studies;
- Housing in an East-West Center residence hall, based on single occupancy;
- A stipend to partially cover food and incidental expenses;
- An allowance for books, materials and supplies; and
- Subsidy toward health insurance coverage.
How to Apply- The University of Hawai‘i launches their online application system on August 1 each year for admissions the following year.
To ensure timely processing of your EWC application, supporting documents for both your UH admissions office and department applications must be completed by January 10, regardless of whether the UH departmental deadline falls after that date.
o download the application documents, click below:
- Application Handbook (pdf)
- Application Checklist (pdf)
- Diagram of the Application Process for EWC and UH (jpg)
- Academic Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable Word doc)
- Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable Word doc)
- Cost Sharing Form (form-fillable Word doc)
Last Date for Apply– 01 December 2019
Looking for pdf
Please visit https://www.researchersjob.com/ for PDF position. Here we give undergraduate and graduate level position updates. Thank You for contacting.
Please visit https://www.researchersjob.com/ for Postdoc positions. Here we give undergraduate and graduate level position updates. Thank You for contacting.