Master’s Degree in USA at Georgetown University, United States
Designation/Position- Master’s Degree in USA
Georgetown University, United States invites application for Master’s Degree in USA Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Graduates from the program will have gained knowledge and experience in both Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Bioinformatics, making them great candidates for job positions in the D.C. biotechnology hub. Graduates often pursue a career in industry, government, and academia, or pursue another advanced degree (MS, PhD, MD).
Research/Job Area- Bioinformatics
Location- Georgetown University, United States
- Students are required to complete 30 credits of coursework, including 17 credits of required courses and 13 credits of elective courses.
- The required courses include course credit for a 16-week bioinformatics internship and internship presentation course.
- The recommended electives are listed below. However, students have the flexibility to select other courses and really tailor the program to fit their interests.
- The Master of Science in Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary program with an emphasis in genomics, proteomics and systems biology.
- The Bioinformatics program is built upon the research strengths and bioinformatics infrastructure at the Protein Information Resource (PIR) and Georgetown University.
- It also uniquely located in the nation’s capital, home to numerous federal agencies (NIH, NCI, FDA, NIST) and 2,000 biotechnology companies.
- Students will take computer-lab courses and a mandatory bioinformatics internship in order to gain comprehensive experience in applying bioinformatics research, from basic molecular sequence analysis to advanced high- throughput omics data analysis.
How to Apply- Applicants are to submit all required credentials and supporting documentation.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling, space-a.vailable basis.
You can begin the application process at any time and save your progress until you are ready to submit your completed application.
The Bioinformatics Master of Science Program requires an online application to be submitted to the Biomedical Graduate Education through the Georgetown Graduate School of Arts and Sciences application portal.
- Online Application
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree*
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- GRE Score (optional but strongly recommended)
Georgetown Univ. Code: 5244
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applicable)
Georgetown Univ. Code: 5244
Last Date for Apply– 15 May 2020
- Application is due May 15th for Fall Admission
- Application is due November 1st for Spring Admission