Designation/Position- Merit Scholarship Program
Universität Hamburg, Germany invites application for Merit Scholarship Program (Fully Funded) for eligible and interested candidates
About- With its merit scholarship program, Universität Hamburg supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels who are actively involved in a social or intercultural context. The awarding of a merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
- Designation/Position- Merit Scholarship Program
- Universität Hamburg, Germany invites application for Merit Scholarship Program (Fully Funded) for eligible and interested candidates
Dean’s Award for Enterprise scholarship
- Universität Hamburg, Germany invites application for Merit Scholarship Program (Fully Funded)
- The maximum monthly funding sum is €850.
- Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (about 2-3 scholarships in each application round)
- Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months)
- It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded.
Study level- Master’s and doctoral
Location- Universität Hamburg, Germany
- are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters (master’s and doctoral students can apply after 1 completed semester);
- do not hold German citizenship; are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG)
- good to excellent academic performance
- other verifiable knowledge and capabilities (e.g., presentations, publications, prizes; additional specialised skills); previous funding
- social and/or intercultural activities (e.g., confirmation of volunteer work)
- applicant’s need/social situation
The maximum monthly funding sum is €850. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (about 2-3 scholarships in each application round).
Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded. The maximum funding period in justified exceptional cases is 3 years.
Not entitled to funding:
- international students fulfilling the requirements of Section 8 of the German federal training assistance act (Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung, BAföG)
How to Apply-
Follow the link for your chosen application period and log in using your STiNE ID—detailed instructions on completing the online application are available here (PDF):
You will then be invited to register and to complete your application.
You must upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- letter of motivation: please use this form (PDF)
- proof of social and/or intercultural activities (if aplicable)
- record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates. Master’s students and doctoral researchers submit their final certificate.
- evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
Template: evaluation form (PDF)
Only applications completed in full and submitted by the application deadline can be considered. Therefore, begin compiling your application documents early on and have these ready to upload to the application portal.
Last Date for Apply– 15 October 2021
15 April (funding period: 1 October–30 September of the following year)15 October (funding period: 1 April–31 March of the following year)