Designation/Position- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship
Nanyang Technology University, Singapore invites application for Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a full time PhD at NTU. Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship
Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship
- The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career.
- The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates, as determined by school as well as availability of research funding in each case.
- There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- The scholarship is renewable subject to good progress.
- The application for the scholarship will open in January 2022.
Research/Job Area- All-Academic Fields/Majors
There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- You must have a Honours (Highest Distinction) or equivalent at Bachelor’s level
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a Honours (Highest Distinction) degree or equivalent
- Scholarship Country: Singapore
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Coverage and award terms:
- The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates, as determined by school as well as availability of research funding in each case.
|||Singapore Citizen1||Singapore Permanent Resident||International Student2|
|Conference Allowance||Up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year) |
|IT Allowance||One time allowance of $1,500 |
|Journal subscription or book purchase||Annual grant of $500 |
|Thesis Allowance||One time allowance of $600 It will be disbursed during the final year scholarship renewal. |
1Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received.
2International Students must perform teaching/ laboratory supervision duties to fulfil the requirements of the Graduate Assistantship Programme (GAP). Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents may perform GAP at the discretion of the schools.
- This award also covers the annual tuition fee.
- Priority will be given for subsidised campus accommodation.
- You can apply for the following Scholarships:
- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship
- NTU Research Scholarship
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
- Full coverage of subsidized tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year
- Travel grant of up to S$5,000
- Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off).
- Priority for Overseas Programme.
- No bond is attached to the Nanyang Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
Available Fields of Study
- Asian School of Environment
- Graduate College
- Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
- National Institute of Education
- Nanyang Business School
- School of Art, Design and Media
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- School of Humanities
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
- S.Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Accountancy and Business
- Art, Design & Media
- Communication Studies
- Social Sciences
- Sport Science
How to Apply-
The application for Academic Year 2022-2023 (August 2022 and January 2023) will open from 01 October to 30 November 2021.
For applicants to National Institute of Education (NIE), please be informed that applications will be opened from 01 October to 30 November 2021. You may apply directly via NIE’s website at https://isaac.nie.edu.sg/Account/ApplicantLogOnApply Here