NL Scholarship for International Master Students: The NL Scholarship, formerly known as the Holland Scholarship, offers an opportunity for international master’s students from selected countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to pursue their higher education dreams in the Netherlands. This scholarship is supported by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
- The NL Scholarship, formerly known as the Holland Scholarship, is supported by the Dutch Ministry of Education and administered by Nuffic.
- It is available to international students from selected countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to pursue Bachelors or Masters studies in the Netherlands.
- Wageningen University & Research is a prominent research university in the Netherlands that participates in this scholarship program.
- Eligibility criteria for the NL Scholarship include having excellent academic records (GPA of 80% or higher), conditional admission to an on-campus MSc program at a Dutch university, and citizenship in specific countries.
- Successful recipients receive a one-time payment of €5,000 in the first year of their studies, with the possibility of a double scholarship worth €10,000 or a triple scholarship worth €15,000.
- Notably, the scholarship does not cover tuition fees, visa expenses, living costs, or insurance.
- The application deadline for this scholarship is May 1, 2024.
- Available Scholarships: To be determined
- Start MSc Programme: September 2024
- Scholarship Amount: €5,000 (with potential for €10,000 or €15,000)
Study Area: The NL Scholarship supports master’s degree programs across various fields of study in the Netherlands.
Scholarship Description: If you are selected as a beneficiary of the NL Scholarship, you will receive a one-time payment of €5,000 in the first year of your studies. The selection committee may also grant double scholarships of €10,000 or triple scholarships of €15,000, depending on your academic achievements.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the NL Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are an excellent student with a GPA of 80% or higher.
- You are a citizen of one of the selected countries, including Argentina, Australia, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Panama, Peru, South-Africa, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, United Arab Emirates or Vietnam.
- You have (un-)conditional admission to one of the on-campus MSc programs in the Netherlands.
- You have not previously participated in a degree program in the Netherlands. Please note that students with dual nationality (EU/EEA and Non-EEA) are not eligible for this scholarship.
Required Documents: Applicants should prepare the following documents for their scholarship application:
- Proof of citizenship from an eligible country
- Academic transcripts with a GPA of 80% or higher
- Proof of admission to a Dutch university for an on-campus MSc program
How to Apply: The application process for the NL Scholarship involves three key steps:
Step 1: Invitations for NL Scholarship application Step 2: Apply before May 1, 2024 Step 3: Selection process
Last Date: The application deadline for the NL Scholarship is May 1, 2024. Be sure to submit your application before this date to be considered for this prestigious opportunity.
Please note that the NL Scholarship is financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science and is administered by Nuffic. As part of the scholarship program, the university is obliged to share certain details with both parties:
For Awardees: Complete name, gender, date of birth, nationality, email address, country of prior education, name of Dutch university, and the program for which the scholarship has been awarded.
For Rejected Candidates: Nationality, name of Dutch university, and the program for which the applicant applied.
Don’t miss this chance to further your education in the Netherlands with the NL Scholarship! Apply now and embark on your academic journey in one of Europe’s most renowned education hubs.
📝 The NL Scholarship, backed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, is an attractive opportunity for international students seeking quality education in the Netherlands. It was previously known as the Holland Scholarship but has been renamed the NL Scholarship. The scholarship aims to support students from specific non-EEA countries in pursuing their Bachelors or Masters studies in Dutch universities.
Wageningen University & Research, a renowned research institution in Wageningen, the Netherlands, plays a role in offering this scholarship. The university focuses on exploring the potential of nature to enhance the quality of life.
To be eligible for the NL Scholarship, students must meet certain criteria, including having an exceptional academic record, securing conditional admission to an MSc program at a Dutch university, and holding citizenship in one of the designated countries.
While the scholarship provides financial assistance to students, it’s important to note that it does not cover tuition fees, visa expenses, living costs, or insurance. The scholarship committee has the flexibility to award double or triple scholarships, depending on the applicant’s qualifications.