Designation/Position- Overseas Research Scholarships
University College London, Gower Street, London invites application for Overseas Research Scholarships for eligible and interested candidates
About- The UCL Overseas Research Scholarships (UCL-ORS) aim to attract high-quality international students to UCL to undertake research.
Research/Job Area- : Full- or part-time research degrees
Location- University College London, Gower Street, London
Eligible candidates must:
- be in receipt of an offer of admission to, or currently registered at, UCL on a full- or part-time research degree programme (please see IMPORTANT NOTES below) and;
- be holding or expecting to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification, and;
- be liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate (Overseas fee status).
You may apply if you are a current student, but if you are entering your third year of research you will normally only be considered for funding in exceptional circumstances.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an Online, Non-resident PhDs and Professional Doctorate student, you are not currently eligible for this scholarship programme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must submit a complete application for admission onto a research degree programme by the specified deadline. You do not need to have secured an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the scholarship, but you must have submitted your admission application.
- The scholarships consist of fee funding to cover the difference between Overseas and UK tuition fees.
- UCL-ORS recipients who do not have any other fee funding will receive additional UCL funding to cover the UK tuition fees for the duration of the ORS award.
- The award does not cover the Additional Fee Element (AFE) of your programme (if applicable) unless you are also awarded a UCL GRS award.
- Awards are tenable for years 1, 2, and 3 of a full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD degree programme (or years 1 to 5 of a part-time programme), subject to annual review and renewal.
- Where students are undertaking integrated four-year doctoral programmes the award will be extended to their final year of study.
- If granted, funding begins at the start of the next academic year.
Applicants are advised to secure additional funding to cover living costs. ORS awards may be held in conjunction with UCL Graduate Research Scholarships (GRS) and other non-fee awards. It can also be held in conjunction with a fee award if it covers the Home fee rate only.
How to Apply-
In order to apply for ORS, you must complete the following steps:
Step 1 – apply for admission to UCL
The following instructions apply to prospective students – current students already enrolled on their research degrees can proceed directly to Step 2.
You must submit a complete application for admission onto a research degree programme by the specified deadline. You do not need to have secured an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the scholarship, but you must have submitted your admission application.
Step 2 – submit your scholarship application documents to your department
The following instructions apply to both prospective and current students.
Applicants must contact their academic department/institute/division/unit to notify them that they would like to be considered for a GRS and must submit the below documents to them. Please use the below PDF list of administrative contacts to find where to submit your application materials. If the relevant contact for your department is not listed, please check directly with the administrative staff in your departmental office for guidance on where to submit your application materials.
List of administrative contacts.pdf
List of administrative contacts.pdf
Last Date for Apply– 13 January 2021
Talent Scholarship- Scholarship for International Student at Falmouth University, United Kingdom
Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) at University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Earnest Scholarship 2021 in U.S. College or University, USA
BTH scholarship programme, Blekinge Institute of Technology – BTH, Sweden