Designation/Position- Project Positions At IIT-Roorkee
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India invites application for Project Positions At IIT-Roorkee from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, formerly University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering, is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. Project Positions At IIT-Roorkee
Research/Job Area- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- M.Tech or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Mechanics. M.Tech. degree in Aerospace or Civil or other engineering disciplines may be considered for research areas consistent with the academic and project background.
- Minimum 02 years of experience after M.Tech for SRF positions.
- Candidate should be GATE qualified
- Title of project: Dynamic modelling and simulations of human body subjected to mechanical loads during spaceflight and operations in space
- Sponsor of the project: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Project position(s) and number: Senior Research Fellow (SRF),01. The position will be converted to Junior Research Fellow (JRF) if suitable SRF candidate is not found.
- Emoluments: Rs. 35,000/- per montlr + HRA (for SRF); Rs. 3 1,000/- per month + HRA (for JRF);
- Duration: 1 year and extendable upto the duration of the project
- Job description: Project involves work in the area of computational mechanics using full body human models. Proficiency in FEA and programming using Matlab is desired. Experience with commercial FEA software LS-Dyna is desired but not essential. Strong theoretical knowledge in mechanics of materials, continuum mechanics, vibration, and fracture mechanics are desired but not essential.
How to Apply-
Candidates desiring to appear for the Interview should submit their applications with the following documents to the office of Principal Investigator through email:
- Application in a plain paper with detailed CV including chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained.
- Experience including research, industrial field and others.
- Attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
- mark sheets of each semester of B.Tech and M.Tech (non-attested are acceptable)
- Names and contact details of two references including email and phone number
Last Date for Apply– 16 October 2020