Designation/Position- Project Research Associate at IIT Bombay- IITB
IIT Bombay- IITB, India invites application for Project Research Associate Position from eligible and interested candidates
Research/Job Area- Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Energy Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering.
- Essential Eligibility/Qualification: MTech/ME/MDes or equivalent degree OR BTech/BE/MA/MSc/MCA/ MBA or equivalent degree with 2 years relevant experience.
- Preferable background: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Energy Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering.
- A familiarity with modeling and simulation is desirable. This is a time bound industry sponsored project. The project engineer will be responsible for deliverables and reporting on short time frames.
- No. of Position(s): 3
- Pay Details: Level PR-O1: Consolidated salary range from Rs.33600 to Rs. 67200 + Rs.6250.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
Project title: Low Carbon Scenarios for Indian Industry
About the project: This is a sponsored project in which the objective is to investigate options for reducing the energy intensity and carbon emissions from energy intensive industries like cement, iron and steel, oil refining, aluminium industry, etc. The focus will be on the Indian industry and potential for improvements in it.
- Job Profile: Develop mass, energy and emissions balances for different processes like cement, iron and steel, etc. Within each sector, alternate process options will be evaluated for their energy and emissions intensity.
- a. The project is completely simulation or modeling-based. Hence, candidates should have a laptop so that they can start work as soon as possible.
- b. Candidates staying in Mumbai will be preferable.
- c. Outstation candidates are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- However, please note that you will be expected to work from home and hence, you need to ensure a proper connectivity for both electricity and internet so that the work is not hampered. Further, you would also have to come to Mumbai once the COVID-19 situation eases and have to stay outside the campus (out of campus allowance will be given, as per rules). We do not provide accommodation on campus currently for project staff.
How to Apply- Candidates can apply online through the link given below.
Last Date for Apply– 06.10.2020