University of Strathclyde, UK invites application for RCUK Studentship and Postgraduate Research Opportunities from eligible and interested candidates
About: The University of Strathclyde is a public research university located in Glasgow, Scotland. Founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, it is Glasgow’s second-oldest university, having received its royal charter in 1964 as the first technological university in the United Kingdom.
Scholarship Area- Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geography or Earth Sciences or another discipline related to the proposed research projects.
Location: University of Strathclyde, Scotland, UK
Eligibility Postgraduate research opportunities:
- The opportunity is open to Home, EU and International applicants, who meet the required University of Strathclyde eligibility criteria.
- In particular the applicant must not have been awarded a previous Doctoral Degree.
- In addition to the above, the applicant will hold, or in the process of obtaining, an integrated Master’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geography or Earth Sciences or another discipline related to the proposed research projects.
Eligibility for RCUK studentships:
- Research Council (RC) fees and stipend can only be awarded to UK and EU students and not to EEA or International students.
- EU students are only eligible for RC stipend if they have been resident in the UK for 3 years, including for study purposes, immediately prior to starting their PhD.
- If an EU student cannot fulfil this condition then they are eligible for a fees only studentship.
- International students cannot be funded from RC funds unless they are ‘settled’ in the UK. ‘Settled’ means being ordinarily resident in the UK without any immigration restrictions on the length of stay in the UK. To be ‘settled’ a student must either have the Right to Abode or Indefinite leave to remain in the UK or have the right of permanent residence in the UK under EC law. If the student’s passport describes them as a British citizen they have the Right of Abode.
- Students with full Refugee status are eligible for fees and stipend.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship funded by the Canadian Govt.
Postgraduate research opportunities
This research will investigate the capacity of UK hydropower resources to provide a sustainable energy resource exploited over the next 50 years to support renewable energy targets and provide a greater renewable energy resource to fulfil government targets.
- Title of the project: UK Hydropower energy capacity – a poorly tapped resource?
- Number of places : 1
- Funding: Home fee, Stipend
- Duration: 36 months
- Subject: Civil and environmental engineering
- Mode of Study: Full Time
How to Apply- visit the website link given below
For Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 1 October 2020
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions