Designation/Position- Research Assistant at IISER Kolkata
IISER Kolkata, India invites application for Research Assistant at IISER Kolkata from eligible and interested candidates
Research/Job Area- Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Chemistry
Location- IISER Kolkata
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor degree (B.Sc.) with honors/major in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology or Chemistry from a recognized Indian University and a Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in any branch of Life Science or Natural Science.
- Required research experience: At least 3 years of research experience of working in a cell and molecular biology lab in a reputed research institute/University with training to work with mammalian cell culture and/or Drosophila stock maintenance. Knowledge of routine molecular biology techniques, like PCR, competent cell preparation, bacterial transformation is also required.
- Name of the Post: Research Assistant
- Number of Position: One
- Emolument: Rs. 24,000 per month (consolidated)
- Nature and Duration of Appointment: The position in purely contractual. Duration of appointment will be initially for one year, likely to be extended for two more years based on satisfactory performance and availability of fund.
- Project Title: “Investigation of autophagosome-lysosome fusion defect in a Drosophila model of MPS VII to identify potential drug targets and druggable molecules”
- Funding Agency: Scheme for Transformational and Advanced Research in Sciences, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD-STARS).
- Place of Work: Laboratory of Dr. Rupak Datta, Department of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata
How to Apply-
Application process:Applications enclosing a curriculum vitae and details of research experience (in prescribed format provided in this link) should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by e-mail to appear for an interview. The interview will be conducted in online platform.
Date and Time of Interview: Will be notified in the e-mail sent to the shortlisted candidates.
For any further query the prospective candidates may contact Dr. Rupak Datta at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date To Apply- 11 October 2020