Designation/Position- Research Fellows Program at Microsoft
Microsoft Research India invites applications for its Research Fellows Program at Microsoft from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Research Fellows program exposes bright, young minds in India to world-class research and the state-of-the-art in technology. The program prepares students for careers in research, engineering, as well as entrepreneurship. MSR India has some of the best researchers pushing the frontiers of computer science and technology. Research Fellows Program at Microsoft
Research/Job Area- Computer Science (or related areas)
Location- Microsoft – Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Candidates should have completed their bachelor’s (BE/BTech/BS) or master’s degree (ME/MTech/MS) in Computer Science (or related areas) by Summer 2021.
- Research group evaluate candidates on a combination of factors including academic performance, raw smarts, development skills, and passion for research and software development.
- Microsoft offers an inclusive work environment, and we value diversity in our workforce.
RFs spend 1 to 2 years at MSR India. Different projects require a different combination of skills. Current and past RFs have worked on: solving deep theoretical problems, pushing the boundaries of AI, designing new programming languages, field work in rural India, prototyping communication and sensing hardware, and building software systems. Regardless, they all consistently aim to create academic, industry, and societal impact.
How to Apply-
Apply with your resume and at least one letter of recommendation. As part of the additional attachments, please attach the following two files.
Attachment 1: Candidate Information Document
Please download this text file and fill it out: Candidate Information Template. Instructions are provided in the file. Upload the filled file as the first attachment.
Attachment 2: Statement of Purpose
Please briefly (one or two paragraphs) answer the following questions in your statement of purpose and upload it as the second attachment.
- Briefly summarize one of the projects (or multiple closely related projects) that you have worked on. Describe your process of thinking through the steps you took in working on the project.
- Why do you want to apply for MSRI RF program? If you wish, you may also highlight specific projects or researchers whose work interest you.
- What, if any, are your career goals for the future? Describe a problem that you feel needs attention, and what do you see as the broad directions to approaching it.
Last Date for Apply– 15 January 2020
See Position Details-
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions