Designation/Position- Research Positions at IISER Kolkata
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, India invites application for Research Positions at IISER Kolkata from eligible and interested candidates
Research/Job Area- Biotechnology/Biochemistry etc
Essential qualification: B.Tech./B.E./MSc in Biotechnology/Biochemistry etc. Ability to develop and implement plans for complex experiments, strong problem solving skills, and a commitment to excellence in research.
Desirable qualification: Experience in any of the following areas: bioinformatics, molecular biology, protein biochemistry, protein engineering, high throughput assay development. NET/ GATE qualification.
Job/Position Description- This project involves understanding the enzymes that catalyze the conversion of fatty acids to drop-in biofuels for combustion engines.
We will mainly study how the enzymes function such that we can import them into
genetically engineered microorganisms, which can then produce biofuels. The project
involves the use of a combination of enzyme engineering, biochemical and biophysical
characterization, structural and computational biology, high-throughput screening, and
genomic and proteomic discovery to identify enzyme targets.
- Project Title: “Integrating metabolic and protein engineering for the production of sustainable biofuels”
- Department: Department of Biological Sciences
- Collaboration of: the labs of Supratim Datta and Rahul Das
- Funded By: Scheme for Transformational and Advanced Research in Sciences
(STARS) by MHRD, Govt of India.
- Duration: Initial appointment will be made for 6 months and upon satisfactory performance extendable on a yearly basis for the duration of the project.
How to Apply- Applications should contain detailed CV and brief one page description of research conducted till date and a one page statement of purpose detailing the motivation for working in our laboratory. Applications should be sent by email to Supratim Datta at the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 02 October 2020