Designation/Position- Research Training Program in Australia
Department of Education, Skills and Employment: Australian Government invites application for Research Training Program in Australia from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Research Training Program (RTP) scheme is administered by individual universities on behalf of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. Research Training Program in Australia
Research/Job Area- Programmes available at the chosen University
International Scholarship at Birmingham City University, UK
SGS Dean’s Scholarship at University of Lethbridge, Canada -Apply by 15 Dec.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme for International Students
Internship in Japan for International Students, OIST Internship
High Achievement Bursary for International Students- University of Waikato, New Zealand
RTP scholarships are available to domestic and overseas students enrolled in an accredited HDR course at an Australian HEP. RTP scholarships are available for a maximum period of two years for a research masters. Under temporary arrangements being enacted in 2020 to reduce impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, this maximum period is being extended to two years and six months (full-time students), at the discretion of HEPs.
RTP scholarships are available for a research doctorate degree for a minimum of three years, up to a maximum of four years, at the discretion of the HEP. Under temporary arrangements being enacted in 2020 to reduce impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, this maximum period is being extended to four years and six months (full-time students), at the discretion of HEPs.
The Government is enacting two temporary measures to provide funding certainty to higher education providers (HEPs) and more flexibility to support students with RTP scholarships.
- RTP scholarship extensions: RTP scholarships can currently be provided for a period of between three and four years for Research Doctorate students and up to two years for Research Masters students. Temporary measures will allow HEPs to provide students with RTP scholarship extensions of up to six months for students whose research activities have been materially adversely impacted by coronavirus restrictions. This new provision will only be available to current students, enrolled as at 1 March 2020, and at the discretion of HEPs. This will enable HEPs to support eligible research doctorate students for a maximum period of four years and six months and research masters students for up to two years and six months.
- Extension of the transitional arrangements: The current research block grants transitional arrangements are scheduled to cease at the end of 2020. The arrangements for RTP consist 75 per cent of RTP funding is based on a HEP’s previous year’s allocations, with the remaining 25 per cent determined by applying the funding formulae. These transitional arrangements will be extended by 12 months until 31 December 2021.
More information can be found in the frequently asked questions to assist students and university administrators.
The RTP provides block grants, on a calendar year basis, to HEPs to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
The objectives of the RTP scheme are to:
- provide flexible funding arrangements to support the training of domestic students and overseas students undertaking HDRs at Australian HEPs
- deliver graduates with the skills required to build careers in academia and other sectors of the labour market
- support collaboration between HEPs and industry and other research end-users
- support overseas students undertaking HDR studies at Australian HEPs.
Students can be offered RTP scholarships for one or more of the following:
- tuition fees offset
- stipend for general living costs
- allowances related to the ancillary cost of research degrees.
How to Apply-
Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its own application and selection process, please contact your chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme.
For Contact- For more information, refer to the frequently asked questions for students or email RBGrants@dese.gov.au with “RTP” as the subject line.
Last Date for Apply– Deadlines vary with university
See Position Details-
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions