Designation/Position- SBW Berlin International Scholarship 2021
The SBW Berlin, Germany invites application for SBW Berlin Scholarship Position from eligible and interested candidates
About– The SBW Berlin Scholarship supports young people from abroad who have a financially disadvantaged family background and use the skills they acquire during their studies in Germany to boost long-term non-profit projects, preferably in their home countries.
They award our scholarships for Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in Berlin and Potsdam on the basis of the student’s academic qualifications, personal aptitudes and social needs. In general, all scientific and artistic disciplines can be funded.
In special cases they also assist vocational training in Berlin or Potsdam.
Funding of studies in your home country or in other German federal states is excluded.
Research/Job Area- Bachelors, Masters
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Average grades correspond with a German grade point average of at least 2.0
- Application before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second or max. third semester at a state-recognised university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a Master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree
- Able to prove that they have not stayed in Germany for more than 18 months before the application
- No first-degree family members who reside permanently in Germany
- Intention to work in their country of origin for at least 18 months after graduation
- Professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector and
- Able to prove a relatively low net income
Note:- Eligible are all applicants whose intellectual abilities, as substantiated by the application documents and during the interview, justify the expectation that the applicant will easily meet the performance requirements of the funded studies and degree.
They offer the following types of scholarships:
1. SBW Berlin Scholarship for outstanding academic performance (grade point average of 1.0 to 1.4).
Applicants whose grade point average corresponds with a German grade point average of 1.0 to 1.4 do not need to implement their own non-profit project. They are only expected to work 4 to 8 hours a week in an honorary capacity during the study period sponsored by SBW Berlin. This work will be assigned by SBW Berlin and may include translations or other tasks that correspond with the applicant’s abilities.
2. SBW Berlin Scholarship for social commitment (grade point average of 1.5 to 2.0)
Applicants whose grade point average corresponds with a German grade point average of 1.5 to 2.0 can also receive a scholarship if they implement their own non-profit project and pursue it during and after their studies (for at least another 18 months). The time devoted to this project should not be less than 4 hours and not more than 8 hours per week.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for SBW Berlin International Scholarships 2021 in Germany through Email. Download the application from the official website and after completing it attach the required document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.