Scholarship for Master Degree in Japan – Aichi University, Japan
Designation/Position- Aichi Scholarship Program
Aichi University, Japan invites application for Scholarship for Master Degree in Japan. The Aichi Prefectural Government extends scholarships to graduate level students from Asian countries who are nominated by the universities in Aichi.
About- Established in 1946, Aichi University is a liberal arts university consisting of seven faculties, junior college and six postgraduate departments and law school offering coursework at three campuses around Aichi Prefecture. The institution is the center of a rich range of international exchange, befitting its mission statement of “Foster the human potential by recognizing global wisdom and common outlook.” Aichi University enjoys partnerships with 42 universities around the world and hosts about 210 international students from a wide range of countries and regions. An International Exchange Center serves as a gathering place for international students, helping them adapt to life in Japan.
Research/Job area-Scholarships are awarded to study the specialized fields and related subjects that support Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
Location- Aichi University, Japan
- Citizenship: Applicants must hold citizenship of, and currently reside in, one of the following Asian countries:Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Age: Applicants must be under 35 years old of age as of April 1, 2020, i.e. born on or after April 2, 1983.
- Academic Degree: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof.
- Field of Study: Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
- Japenese Language Ability: Applicants must have a fairly good command of the Japanese language to study and seek employment in Aichi, or have the prospect of obtaining sufficient language ability.
- Post-Scholarship Employment: Applicants must have the intention to seek employment at a company that has its headquarters or a branch office located within Aichi (whether or not work placement should fall in Japan).
- Internships: During their course of study, applicants must participate in an internship program offerd by companies introduced by the Aichi Prefecturl Government or another organization.
- Other Scholarships: a. Applicants must not be receiving scholarships or grants from any other organization, including the Japanese government and the government of their home country. b. Spouses of students currently receiving scholarship money from the Aichi Prefectural Government are not eligible to apply.
- Date of Arrival: Applicants must be able to come to Japan by October 2018 on a day to be designated by the Governor.
Job/Position Description- The governor selects the scholarship recipients from among applicants recommended by the Aichi Scholarship Program Selection Committee.
(1)Number of Students:5 students each year
(2)Period of Scholarship:6 months (as a research student) and 2 years (as a master’s course student)
(3)What We Provide-
- Living allowance(150,000 yen per month)
- Travel expenses to Japan
- School expenses (entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition for both research and graduate study)
What we provide and the amount of money are subject to the prefectural government’s budget.
How to Apply- Applicants must apply through graduate schools located in Aichi.
Documents to be submitted by the applicant to the recommending organization:
- Application form (Form 1)
- Pledge (Form 2)
- Certificate of health (Form 3 issued within the past six (6) months)
- Proof of graduation (copy of certificate of graduation, diploma, or degree) or a certificate of student status and proof of expected graduation (if the applicant is in college)
- Academic record issued by the university from which applicant graduated
- Certified copy of passport (if the applicant does not have a passport upon application, a certified copy of the applicant’s birth certificate or a citizenship certificate will be sufficient)
- Documents to be submitted by the recommending university to the Aichi Prefectural Government:
- Recommendation to the governor by the university president
- Recommendation to the governor by the professor in charge of the applicant’s desired field of study
- If awarded, reductions in tuition should be recorded on the Tuition Exemption Details Form
- Record of Applicant’s Japanese Language Ability