Hans Böckler Foundation, Germany invites application for PhD scholarship at German institutions of higher education from eligible and interested candidates.
About: The Hans Böckler Foundation is the institute of the German Federation of Trade Unions (DGB) to promote research and studies. The HSB awards scholarships to doctoral students with outstanding academic gifts who show commitment to labour unions or socio-political issues. Doctoral candidates in any discipline who are enrolled at German institutions of higher education, also in programmes such as graduate schools or junior researcher groups, are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Area- Any discipline
Laura J Clad Memorial Scholarship at University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Academic Requirements: admission to post-graduate studies at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany
- Target Group: particularly gifted doctoral candidates in any discipline who propose a promising doctoral project and show commitment to labour unions or socio-political issues.
- material need
- outstanding school and academic achievements
- promising research proposal
- commitment to labour unions or socio-political issues, ideally in the long term
- responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to play an active role in the Foundation’s work
Every year the HSB assigns about 100 grants. The scholars are paid EUR 1,350 per month plus a research cost allowance as well as family- and child allowances, if necessary. Comprehensive non-material support is also part of the scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: about 120 scholarships per year
Duration: two years with an option to extend the funding period twice for six months for technical reasons and up to another year for parental leave or if the candidate is disabled. The maximum grant duration is of four years.
- Doctoral students currently receive a grant of EUR 1,350 per month, plus a research cost allowance of EUR 100
- Stays abroad may be financed by means of a foreign residence allowance and contributions to travel costs and tuition fees.
- non-material support in the form of seminars, events, networking meetings etc.
How to Apply- Please find all application forms on the online application procedure here
Last Date for Apply–October 15th of every year
Join Our Discussion Forum ember – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions