Summary: The Swedish Institute offers academic scholarships for master’s studies to global professionals from 41 countries. These scholarships aim to contribute to sustainable development and the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Learn more about the scholarship, eligibility, and application process.
- Study Area: Scholarships
- Scholarship Description: Academic scholarships for master’s studies in Sweden.
- Eligibility: Citizens of eligible countries, admission to eligible master’s programs, work and leadership experience.
- Required Documents: Varies by application stage.
- How to Apply: Follow the application process outlined below.
- Last Date: Application deadline varies by stage.
Study Area: This scholarship supports master’s studies in various fields in Sweden.
Scholarship Description: The Swedish Institute (SI) offers academic scholarships for full-time, one- or two-year master’s studies in Sweden. These scholarships aim to build a network of future global leaders who will contribute to sustainable development and the betterment of their home countries. The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals is awarded annually for master’s studies starting in the autumn semester.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of one of the 41 eligible countries.
- Apply for a master’s program that qualifies for the SI scholarship.
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at a Swedish university.
- Demonstrate relevant work experience.
- Demonstrate leadership experience from current or previous employment or civil society engagement.
Eligibility: Citizens of specific countries are eligible to apply. Applicants must meet specific requirements and provide documentation of work experience, and leadership experience. Work experience requirements vary by country. Dual citizenship holders must choose one citizenship for their application.
Required Documents: Required documents vary by the stage of the application process. Applicants are advised to check the specific documentation required for each stage of the application process.
How to Apply: The application process involves several stages:
- Apply for a master’s program (October 16, 2023, to January 15, 2024).
- Apply for the SI Global Professionals scholarship (November 1, 2023, to February 28, 2024).
- SI screening and evaluation (February 29, 2024, to March 20, 2024).
- Notifications from University Admissions (March 21, 2024).
- Final evaluation and announcement of SI scholarship recipients (March 21, 2024, to April 25, 2024).
Last Date: The last date varies by stage of the application process. Make sure to adhere to the specified deadlines for each stage of the application. Don’t miss the opportunity to pursue a master’s degree in Sweden with the support of the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be citizens of one of the 41 eligible countries, apply for a master’s program eligible for the scholarship, have the capacity to pay tuition fees, demonstrate work and leadership experience.
- Key Dates: The application period for the scholarship is open from 12th to 28th February 2024, and results are announced on 25th April.
- Scholarship Benefits: Fully-funded scholarship including tuition fees, monthly living expenses, insurance, travel grant, and membership in the SI Network for Future Global Professionals.
- Criteria: Eligibility criteria include citizenship, choice of master’s programs, university admission, work experience, and leadership experience.
- Application Process: The application involves applying for a master’s program, then separately for the Global Professionals scholarship, followed by screening and evaluation.
- Exclusions: Some individuals, including those with certain citizenships or prior SI scholarships, are not eligible for this scholarship.