Designation/Position- University of Skövde Master’s Scholarships
University of Skövde invites application for University of Skövde Master’s Scholarships for eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Skövde has recently updated the name of the scholarship program for master’s students. It will no longer be referred to as UHR Scholarships but the University of Skövde Masters Scholarships. The University of Skövde awards some partial scholarships to students liable to pay tuition fees attending a master’s program at our University.
Research/Job Area- Master’s Degree
Location- University of Skövde, Sweden
Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland
- The criteria for awarding a scholarship are good academic merits, the motivation text, and video. Criteria can also be other qualifications that are judged to be in line with educational or research areas as well as the geographic location to which the University of Skövde gives priority in accordance with its internationalization strategy.
- The master’s program must be delivered on campus.
- Generally, students can only be awarded a University of Skövde Master’s Scholarship if a master’s program at the University of Skövde is chosen as the first priority on University Admissions.
- You must have completed the application to the program meeting all deadlines for the master’s first admission round. You must meet the entry requirements for the master’s program you applied to, pay the application fee and the supporting documents must have been received before the deadline defined by University Admissions.
Check the deadlines for the autumn and spring semesters at key dates and deadlines, at universityadmissions.se.
- You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. In your motivation text you must tell us why you have chosen the master’s programme at the University of Skövde. Scholarship applications without a motivation text will not be considered.
- Attention: If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master’s student at the University of Skövde, you are not currently eligible to apply for University of Skövde Masters Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a master’s programme.
- More information: Guidelines on the administration of scholarships for students required to pay tuition fees (pdf)
The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). If you are granted, the amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice.
The scholarship is granted for one academic semester, but it can be extended to subsequent academic semesters provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merit. The scholarships can only be awarded to tuition-paying students (external link).
Please note that you have the remainder of the tuition fee yourself and cover all living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
N.B The scholarships are awarded before the commencement of a Master’s program. If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master’s student at the University of Skövde, you will not currently apply for the University of Skövde Master’s Scholarships.
How to Apply-
- Apply for a master’s program at the University of Skövde via the website www.universityadmissions.se.
- Record a 2-minute video explaining why you want to take the master’s program at the University of Skövde and how you will use the knowledge acquired during the program.
- Upload your 2-minute video to a website or cloud storage so that our Scholarship Committee can view it; for example, upload your video on Youtube and mark it unlisted. Please note that we will not download any video. We must view the video only with the link provided via the online scholarship application form.
- Please write a short motivation text telling us why you have chosen the master’s program at the University of Skövde. The motivation text has to be submitted via the scholarship application form.
- Please fill out the scholarship application form and submit it before the scholarship application deadline. You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. You must inform your application number (8-digit number) from www.universityadmissions.se. Fill out your motivation text into the appropriate field. Include the link to your 2-minute video (make sure that the link is complete and correct).
Last Date for Apply– 1 February 2021 at 23:59 CET