Designation/Position- Spring IERI International Internship
International Environmental Research Institute – GIST, South Korea invites application for Spring IERI International Internship Program from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is a research-oriented university and one of the prestigious schools in science and technology. GIST is located in Gwangju, South Korea. The IERI International Internship Program provide students and recent graduates a practical opportunity in Environmental Research Field related to climate change. Spring IERI International Internship
Research/Job Area- Environmental, energy, climate changes, or related fields
Location- South Korea
To be eligible for an internship, candidates must:
- Currently, be pursuing postgraduate studies (master/doctoral degree or equivalent), or is in the final year of the university (bachelor degree or equivalent) preferably in the field of environmental, energy, climate changes, or related fields
- Candidates engaged or recently engaged in a field directly related to the IERI Fund’s work or applicants from non-students will be accepted only under exceptional cases
- Possess an excellent command of English
- Sound skills of using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
IERI provides a non-mixed gender dormitory (2 persons shared room), insurances, about ~425,000 won per month stipend to all interns, and a round trip air ticket from their place of recruitment.
Durations: The successful candidate shall be based at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea on a full-time basis (based on the selected laboratory, at least 40 hours per week) for a period of 3-6 months, i.e. spring / fall semester. Extension of the internship will be considered under exceptional conditions.
Responsibilities: Under the authority of the Director of IERI and the supervision manager, officer of the director, the successful candidates are ought to complete the following tasks:
- Provide general support to the officer of the Director
- Perform the assigned tasks under the assigned laboratory
- Submit a complete final report at the end stage of the internship program
- Make a presentation at the end stage of the internship program
How to Apply-
Applications to: email@example.com
Incomplete documentation: It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements, gathered and submitted all the necessary documents by the deadline. If any required document is not submitted or submitted in the wrong way, your application will not be considered.
Verification: IERI will check the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. We reserve the right to revoke admission if documents are discovered to be fraudulent.
Application Procedure: Please find the relevant information and the application form on:
IERI homepage à Notice board. Applicants interested in applying for an internship at IERI, GIST are ought to send full documents in English as listed below:
- Internship Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letter
- Cover letter
- Academic Transcripts (only original / notarized copies will be accepted)
- Certificates of university enrollment / Official certificate of undergraduate degree (only original / notarized copies will be accepted)
All candidates must email all the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of [IERI] International Internship Program_your name If accepted, original documents as listed below shall be submitted to IERI upon arrival. A) Internship Application Form B) Curriculum Vitae C) Recommendation letter D) Cover letter E) Academic Transcripts (only original / notarized copies will be accepted) F) Certificates of university enrollment / Official certificate of undergraduate degree (only original / notarized copies will be accepted)
Last Date for Apply– 13th of November 2020 (Friday)