Summer Fellowship 2020 for Science/Engineering Students and Teachers
Designation/Position- Summer Fellowship 2020
Three national Science Academies, India invites application for Summer Fellowship 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The three national Science Academies offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2020. A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants including eligibility criteria, and a list of names of scientists/faculty who have consented to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects is displayed in the online application. Summer Fellowship 2020
|Mathematics||Earth & Planetary Sci.|
|Physics||Engineering incl. Computer Sci.|
- Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru
- Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
- The National Academy of Sciences, India, Prayagraj
More Opportunity – Scholarships in UK for Female Students, Swansea University
Student Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch (II, III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
For Teacher Applicants
- Teachers must be teaching in a College/University.
- The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above for students.The minimum Percentage of average marks does not apply for teachers.
- PhD students are not eligible.
- Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
The applicant should include a write-up (about 150–250 words) as to the specific area of the applicant and indicate what he/she would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship.
It can also include the specific experiment or theory that the applicant wants to work on but NOT a general description of the area.
The write-up should not be a “copy and paste” job from any source.
How to Apply-
1) Application should be submitted online in the prescribed format.
2) Its mandatory to upload the marks sheets from class X till the last examination. Please have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format), before starting to fill up the application.
3) Only one application per candidate will be considered. If more than one application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
4) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be filled.
For Contact- All correspondence should be addressed to:
|Mr C S Ravi Kumar|
Coordinator, Summer Research Fellowship Programme
Indian Academy of Sciences
CV Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bengaluru 560 080
Tel. (080) 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221
Email: email@example.com website: www.ias.ac.in
Last Date for Apply– 30 November 2019