Designation/Position- Therle Drake Postgraduate Scholarship
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand invites application for Therle Drake Postgraduate Scholarship for eligible candidates
About- The Therle Drake Postgraduate Scholarship (the “Scholarship”) was established in 2013, via the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation, through a bequest made by John Drake, in memory of his wife, Therle. The scholarship will be available annually.
Study level- Postgraduate; Honours
Location- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
The project will normally involve the student attending a short online course. The project should be complementary to the current postgraduate course of study at the NZSM and create minimal disruption to any structured course work.
- Applicants must be enrolled in classical music at the New Zealand School of Music at the postgraduate level.
- Applicants must be planning to attend a short course; attend or participate in a concert and/or masterclass in Europe, North America or Australia.
The scholarship is for postgraduate classical performance overseas study and application should be made in the year for which the project is planned. While the terms of the bequest are that preference be given to a piano student, other applicants will be considered.
- Study Area(s): Music
- Scholarship Level: Postgraduate; Honours
- closing Date(s): 31 March and 15 November
- Tenure: One year
- Number offered: Up to five
- Value: Up to $1,000 per student
This scholarship is open to NZ citizens, permanent residents and international students.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
How to Apply-
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Last Date for Apply– 31 March and 15 November